[webif] Web interface

I don't know why that file isn't being updated. Assuming the aerial signal strength is reasonable it should be. Does the information in the on-screen guide look up-to-date?

The HD and HDR do use different formats for the external drive. The HD expects to see a Video directory in the root of the drive and prompts you to format it if the directory isn't there, so if you don't have a directory by that name then try creating one.
Thanks af123. It does have a Video directory along with Audio (and mod), all from the last format many months ago when I first started using it to record, so I don't think that's the issue. I'm pretty sure the epgdata when viewed on screen is OK. It does do an "update" when powering off, so maybe storing the epgdata in the flash somewhere if there is no drive it can save to?

Seems weird that it won't use a drive it's previously used. Perhaps the drive is flagged with "file system needs checking"? Would have thought that would have made it read only and it's definitely read/write. Will check that this evening.

Perhaps the HD is looking for a hidden . file to indicate that the drive has been prepared for use? Whatever the reason it's asking you to format it is very probably the reason it isn't saving the updated EPG data to it too.

Perhaps someone with an HD model could do an ls -a on their external disk?

Wow - just installed this and it's absolutely brilliant, very cool!

How easy would it be to integrate IMDB into it somehow?

Even just a link next to every recording pointing to http://www.imdb.com/find?s=tt&q=RECORDING_TITLE would be great. :)

But if there was some way to pull in IMDB ratings that would be brilliant!

Just imagine being able to sort a folder full of films by their rating. :)

Rob.

Perhaps the HD is looking for a hidden . file to indicate that the drive has been prepared for use? Whatever the reason it's asking you to format it is very probably the reason it isn't saving the updated EPG data to it too.

Perhaps someone with an HD model could do an ls -a on their external disk?
From my HD:

humaxup# cd media/drive1
humaxup#
humaxup# ls -a
. .Trash-0 Films Video mod
.. .tsr TV epgsavedata

Liking the web interface myself so far :)
Now, if only it could have a version optimized for the iPhone?
Pie chart no longer works on my HDR however.

.tsr could be a clue... Try creating that directory?
If that doesn't work it may be worth also copying all the files from a recording into there, and renaming them to 0.[previous suffix]. This is where the HD keeps the pause buffer.

Steve

0.6.1 released
  • Completely rewritten package management interface. By default, only end-user and slightly advanced packages are shown, and they have much better descriptions. To show all packages you need to change a setting via the settings screen;
  • Experimental remote scheduling - disabled by default, see the remote scheduling thread if you wish to test it;
  • Fix occasional problem with disk usage pie chart;
  • Icon for Transmission on main screen if installed;
  • Wider context menu.

If that doesn't work it may be worth also copying all the files from a recording into there, and renaming them to 0.[previous suffix]. This is where the HD keeps the pause buffer.

Steve
Ok, I havedirectorues:
. .. .Trash-10001 .tsr Audio Video mod Recycled lost+found
and file "epgsavedata"

The .tsr directory was there already. I am now copying something into the .tsr and renaming as suggested

I love the more detailed descriptions :) that will save me messing with stuff I dont need to mess with lol
I like the backup feature too! I've made a backup "just in case".

Do you think there could be a way to select a file from the web interface and tell the humax to play it?
Also, some sort of log of what's happened on the box would be handy to have available from the web page too if that's at all possible. Would help me with my random reboot issue too.

Ok, I havedirectorues:
. .. .Trash-10001 .tsr Audio Video mod Recycled lost+found
and file "epgsavedata"

The .tsr directory was there already. I am now copying something into the .tsr and renaming as suggested
OK
deleted the .Trash-10001 and created a blank .Trash-0 - no change
cleared out the .tsr directory - no change
deleted the epgsavedata - no change
deleted the Recycled directory - no change
copied another .ts and .nts pair of files to the .tsr directory - no change

Any ideas, anyone as I really don't want to try copying 400Gb off the drive and back on again?

All I can suggest is that you use strace to see if you can tell what the humaxtv process is looking for on the disk. Sometimes the process crashes under strace though but you can stop that from rebooting the box by touching the restart file first. Something like:

Code:
humax# opkg install strace
humax# touch /tmp/.humaxtv.restart
humax# strace -e trace=file -p `pgrep humaxtv`

Then plug the drive in and wait for it to ask you to format it.

Thanks af123. I have booted my laptop up in Linux and am doing an fsck on it. It forced a check (mounted 247 times without being checked, check forced!!!) and has found an inode error so will wait for it to be marked clean, and try again. If that doesn't work, I'll try the strace method.

All I can suggest is that you use strace to see if you can tell what the humaxtv process is looking for on the disk. Sometimes the process crashes under strace though but you can stop that from rebooting the box by touching the restart file first. Something like:

Code:
humax# opkg install strace
humax# touch /tmp/.humaxtv.restart
humax# strace -e trace=file -p `pgrep humaxtv`

Then plug the drive in and wait for it to ask you to format it.
Hmmmm. Could be tricky as without the drive, the mod software doesn't load. Meaning I can't get to the stace command without the drive in there! Found this out by failing to access the webif interface. Got in through telnet and of course all extra bits missing!!

Any humax logs I could look at to try and see what it doesn't like?

If you touch the /var/lib/humaxtv/debugtv file then there will be a log in /tmp/humaxtv.log which might contain something relevant.. Otherwise there aren't any logs that I know of.

Yep, even with the machine running the mod software, unplugging results in no mods, which come back after the drive is plugged back in...

Looks like an overnight copy coming up.... so will set that going, the to bed.....

If you touch the /var/lib/humaxtv/debugtv file then there will be a log in /tmp/humaxtv.log which might contain something relevant.. Otherwise there aren't any logs that I know of.
Only:
Restore reminders from file failed
Persist reminders to file failed

Yep, even with the machine running the mod software, unplugging results in no mods, which come back after the drive is plugged back in...

Looks like an overnight copy coming up.... so will set that going, the to bed.....
Morning... drive still flashing away, though the HDR has gone into standby!
Saw the option to auto copy when I plugged the drive in through the front port when running, so took the machine up on it's offer to copy and it's still going. Expect it to finish when I'm at work today....

Hey-ho.

Back