[webif] Web interface

I know exactly how you feel. I've not got the energy either, although the "bed early" isn't so much one of my defining characteristics!

What is the logic behind the lightning strike symbol in the WebIF schedule list? I can't see any pattern to it. What constitutes an "accepted" recording? Does the flag have any practical value?

What I am seeing is all my up-coming recordings accepted except the regular early-morning wake-up (manual timer), a couple of the dormant series-links not accepted but the rest accepted, and the update check not accepted.

"Delete User" still not working (on IE) by the way.

What is the logic behind the lightning strike symbol in the WebIF schedule list? I can't see any pattern to it. What constitutes an "accepted" recording?

The flag indicates whether a binary field in the database has been populated, regardless of value. That field contains a packed representation of the associated events (service ID, event ID, start time, end time) for that scheduled recording.

When a new recording is scheduled through the webif (or rs portal) the field is left blank. Later on, the Humax software updates the field to reflect the recordings it has found. When I was developing the web scheduling function, it was a good indicator that the entry had been processed and rewritten. Some events never get updated though - that generally seems to be those which have no CRID.

Does the flag have any practical value?

I've already removed it from the RS portal as potentially confusing, maybe it's time to remove it from the webif too.

I had a bit of an issue batch-deleting some recordings - the delete process claimed to have completed, but the listing still showed some of the recordings I feel sure I had ticked. OPT+ deleting them didn't do the usual thing but got rid of them anyway, so I presume the batch delete left some of the file set in place sufficient to confuse the lister.

Next request for the WebIF: a means to list the contents of two folders (particularly not on the same drive) side-by-side; identify the differences; batch-copy files missing from one folder into the other; batch-delete files from one folder that are common to both. Maybe there could be a few buttons: one to pre-tick all files not present in the other window, another to pre-tick all files that are present in the other window, and then buttons to delete or copy ticked files.

Oh.. and a button to invert the selection.

"gear". AF has reported in the past that the database contains past data unless it gets flushed, but I though he was going to do something to filter it out of the search results (although actually it can be handy to see up to a week previous). My results were going back to August.

I was trying to find out if the Top Gear Special is going to be repeated any time soon!

I've just been doing a bit of EPG searching, and have found some results with a red date and time that have already elapsed, but can't find anything older than earlier today.

Webif 0.8.9
  • Copy/Cut/Paste for files in media browser;
  • Create new directories (folders) from media browser;
  • Links to release notes for firmware & webif (bottom of main page);
  • Fix hover-over for scheduling table;
  • Improve multiple item deletion;
  • Add more databases to database viewer;
  • Show scheduled start/end time of completed recordings (from 0.8.8-1).
The main change of interest is probably the first one.
I didn't get any EPG changes into this one but will inhibit old data in the next release (although the stale data will remain in your EPG database - I don't know why the Humax software doesn't always clean it up properly.)

For anyone who is having trouble removing webif authentication, there's a new diagnostic script called removepw, just telnet in and run it

Code:
humax# diag removepw

That should also fix anyone whose web server is refusing to start because of an inconsistent authentication database.

I recorded the three episodes of Sherlock on BBC1-HD. First episode downloaded by webif - super, Second recording was a truncated by a supposed power failure. Third episode OK when viewed on box but when downloaded by webif or copied to USB is not playable by VLC. First try of copying to USB failed because it was NTFS disc. Did hard re-boot and copy succeeded but file still unplayable.

I don't suppose any of this is related to the recent updates but it does seem strange. Any ideas?

Update: I have found that the problematic HD TS file plays with SMPlayer having used webif to decrypt it and FTP to download it. Has something got corrupted?

Hi,

I deleted my login/user details expecting the webif to allow me to access without needing authentication. Now I get asked for a user and password but can't login. What can I do?

I have latest webif.

Steve.

Back