[webif] Web interface

Success, I now have the web interface again.
Thanks must go to af123 & Black hole for your patience & perseverance!
I am however unable to install Samba, I keep getting the request for opkg update?

I still need to learn from this though, can you exlpain what caused it?

Geoff

Hi Guys

I have set up the "Settings for epgkeywords plugin - EPG monitoring by keyword" and added my email address and clicked "Send test Email" but all that happens is the message "Sending test email, please wait...." and the twirling circle just sits there for about a couple of mins and nothing happens, no email is sent. I have tried different email addresses, but still no joy!

Any ideas?

I know you worked around this with an alternative email address but in case it's useful I have my EPG Keywords working with a googlemail account - and Tawny provided me with this smpt for google gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com - or there is a service you can use to help find servers to try in this post Here (Click)

can you exlpain what caused it?

I'm afraid not. Your package database was in an inconsistent state but I don't know why. Some of the reset attempts were unsuccessful - some because I had made a mistake in the diagnostic script and others should have worked but didn't - perhaps you didn't cut and paste the command exactly, I'm not sure.

Glad you're up and working now!

Are you able to explain why I am not yet able to install Samba?
When I try, I get the message something like: Samba cannot be installed you may need to install 'opkg update'
which I have tried.

Thanks
Geoff

I know you worked around this with an alternative email address but in case it's useful I have my EPG Keywords working with a googlemail account - and Tawny provided me with this smpt for google gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com - or there is a service you can use to help find servers to try in this post Here (Click)

Thanks Oijoinsey, As it works with TT, I will leave it, but hopefully these instructions I am sure will be useful if I ever leave TT!

Hi
Sorry if this is a daft question...

The wiki release notes for Webif, shows :
  • Add extract to mpg option in media browser;
I'm on 9.3-4 but can't see this option. What have I done wrong ?

Hi
Sorry if this is a daft question...

The wiki release notes for Webif, shows :
  • Add extract to mpg option in media browser;
I'm on 9.3-4 but can't see this option. What have I done wrong ?
The option is visible in the webif Browse Media Files, select a file and click on the OPT+ button at the right hand side, a drop down menu will appear, and it is the eighth line down.

I have just checked my recordings and it is no longer in the drop down list. SD, HD and decrypted.

From the Wiki!

Extract To MPG
Web-If MAIN >> BROWSE MEDIA FILES >> (Select Single File) >> OPT+ >> Extract To MPG
This function will produce an MPG copy of the *.TS file in the same folder.The following conditions must be met :-
The file must be de-crypted (Dispays a DEC against it)
ffmpeg package must be installed
Standard Def. recording only

I have installed ffmpg and I now see Extract to MPG in the drop down list against an HD DEC recording. (Not greyed out)

I have just done a short HD test recording, decrypted it via OPT+, then selected Extract to MPG which is no longer greyed out. It seemed to work OK.

I haven't used it but the Wiki says Standard Def only, so should it be greyed out?

Edit: Does the Wiki need amending?

I don't know, but my test recording was only 2 mins long. Perhaps it could be a file size issue, someone will no doubt be along with a definitive answer.:)

I've given it a try with an HD recording of about an hour length. It completed in less than five minutes.

The original file size was 2.85 GiBs reduced to 1.06 GiBs and I am now watching the resulting MPG :)

From the Wiki!

Extract To MPG
Web-If MAIN >> BROWSE MEDIA FILES >> (Select Single File) >> OPT+ >> Extract To MPG
This function will produce an MPG copy of the *.TS file in the same folder.The following conditions must be met :-
The file must be de-crypted (Dispays a DEC against it)
ffmpeg package must be installed
Standard Def. recording only

That's probably the reason it isn't in TomT's context menu.

I had it installed before I had my read/only disk problem. That why I said earlier that it was no longer in my drop down list. I hadn't put everything back :rolleyes:

Re: post #1016

I may have spoken too soon. The MPG recording stopped about halfway through.

Correction to post #1016.

Finished file size of the MPG recording now reported in Webif as 2.52 GiBs.

I will play it again when the evening's viewing is over, to see if it completes.

Back