[webif] Web interface

i think its just a router issue, had to come home now but thanks for all your suggestions will have a try another day.

That ping error implies that DNS resolution isn't working. To rule out a general networking problem try pinging one of Google's DNS servers by IP address

Code:
humax# ping -c 5 8.8.8.8
PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=0 ttl=53 time=49.865 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=1 ttl=54 time=48.898 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=2 ttl=54 time=47.948 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=3 ttl=54 time=48.943 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=4 ttl=53 time=48.986 ms

--- 8.8.8.8 ping statistics ---
5 packets transmitted, 5 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 47.948/48.928/49.865 ms

If that doesn't work, you have a general networking problem which is preventing access to the Internet. If it does work, then the problem is with DNS.

Check the list of nameservers defined in the resolv.conf file and compare them to the DNS servers that your PC/laptop is using:

Code:
humax# cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 192.168.0.1
nameserver 208.67.222.222
nameserver 208.67.220.220

Is there a changelog for 0.9.7-2 ?
Remove ability to change Enc flag through media browser;
Fix bug when deleting two files with the same name and undelete is installed;
Allow plugins to specify the size of icons they add to the front page (for sysmon);

ASSORTED ERRORS

For some resaon on my friends HDR box, it always says "system is in standby" even when I am watching a recorded program.

Also, if I look at the packages available list, all is fine, but if I try to look at the packages installed list I get the following error message
Code:
Runtime Error: /mod/var/mongoose/lib/pkg.class:58: Collected errors: * opkg_conf_load: Could not lock /tmp/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable. in procedure 'pkg' called at file "pkg.jim", line 60 at file "/mod/var/mongoose/lib/pkg.class", line 58

The box is a HDR running custom firmware 2.10 over 1.02.27, any ideas>

For some reason when I call up the EPG I am only getting BBC One HD. I have no favourites set and all channels appear on the TV. I have auto-update loaded so I'm on the latest of everything. Any suggestions on what could be the problem.

If I remove all the packages and webif will I get the cut down version of webif be available for re installing the full version or will I need to install via telnet?

I'm having problems with the AR/padding option as well as the EPG problem and I think removing everything and reloading might help fix them.

I've tried reinstalling webif but that made no difference.

There are some notes on the WiKi HERE level 3
Thanks, I've done a level 3 reset. The EPG now works correctly but the AR/padding still always changes the programme at slot 0 instead of the one I select. If I delete the scheduled programme at slot 0, the AR/padding option runs but gives no pending events.

Af123, is there a way to turn logging on for this option to see what is happening?

ASSORTED ERRORS

For some resaon on my friends HDR box, it always says "system is in standby" even when I am watching a recorded program.

The box is a HDR running custom firmware 2.10 over 1.02.27, any ideas>

The installed packages issue has resolved itself however the box is still saying it is in standby when it is clearly not

I got home to find my box was in standby when it should have been off (wedif available with no scheduled recording and showing in-standby) and although disable auto update was still installed, an auto-update entry had been re-added (not seen that in ages, ever since the diable package was added). I'm still on 1.02.20 with latest webif and updates to packages. Deleting the auto-update and restarting made no difference to the entry.

I then removed the disable package, deleted the scheduled entry, re-installed the disable package and restarted. So far no entry and box off when it should be (webif not connecting). Not sure why this strangness occurred after months of trouble free modified fw use.

I've reset my system to try to fix the AR/ padding problem (which af123 has now fixed with a webif update) and seemed to have lost the MPG download option. Under what conditions does the option appear, its currently not listed at all, not even greyed out? Do I need an addition package loaded?

There is no MPG download as such - I think you mean "Extract to MPG"? It makes an mpg copy and is only available once a file has been decrypted.

Thats the one, it's really 'Download as MPEG.
it doesn't download, just extracts the data from the native recording and creates a new mpg file ready for you to play or download or whatever. It's actually quite a good way to save space on the disk.

it doesn't download, just extracts the data from the native recording and creates a new mpg file ready for you to play or download or whatever. It's actually quite a good way to save space on the disk.
That's true two stage 'download as MPG' ;). Could there be a direct download as MPG so the conversion sends straight as a stream to the browser rather than stream to a file. Not sure if stream is the correct word but I hope you get my drift.

Just tried to do an update for webif and webif-charts. The progress popup box seemed to hang, so probably a little foolish, I just closed it.

Now when I try and view packages, I get

Code:
Runtime Error: /mod/var/mongoose/lib/pkg.class:69: Collected errors: * opkg_conf_load: Could not lock /tmp/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable. in procedure 'pkg' called at file "pkg.jim", line 60 at file "/mod/var/mongoose/lib/pkg.class", line 69

Trying to update the package list gives...

Code:
>>> opkg update
Collected errors:
* opkg_conf_load: Could not lock /tmp/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable.
Updating package meta information
Done.

Trying to browse the media files, all I get is a white page with

Code:
Runtime Error: /mod/var/mongoose/lib/system.class:41: Collected errors:
* opkg_conf_load: Could not lock /tmp/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable.
in procedure 'system' called at file "browse.jim", line 10
at file "/mod/var/mongoose/lib/system.class", line 41

Any fixes greatly received! Thanks.

Back