[webif] Web interface

Been away for a while, but well done with the new interface, and the fix for the HD.

I'v noticed however that the Settings page, and Browse media files pages are not displaying anything 9the two writen in jim

This may be a HD specific issue - if it works on the HDR -ill investigate when I get a bit of time

This is all fantastic... brilliant work...
One thing that I would like to see is the ability to set up recordings from the epg... either one off or sps....
Then i can access when away from home, and catch that show that I just saw advertised on the TV in my hotel room.

Brill work again........

M

Sorry James, I don't understand. Are you saying that neither of those two screens work at all?
Can anyone else with a HD model confirm?

I gave the latest version a quick spin last night on my HD and don't remember seeing anything wrong with the settings or "Browse media files" pages....

I seem to have a problem when I open the EPG page. The EPG search box is not expanding to display the 'Content Type' and 'Keyword' search options until I click on Search with an empty Query field. Same happens in both Firefox 5.0 an IE 8.0.
Only difference is that Firefox additionally displays an error message. (because of the empty query field no doubt).
Runtime Error: epg_search.jim:154: can't read "records": no such variable at file "epg_search.jim", line 154.
Anyone else experiencing this ?
P.S. Feature request for af123: Media Browser - Any chance of a "New !" icon for unwatched media similar to the way the 'Lock' icon is implemented.

I seem to have a problem when I open the EPG page. The EPG search box is not expanding to display the 'Content Type' and 'Keyword' search options until I click on Search with an empty Query field. Same happens in both Firefox 5.0 an IE 8.0.

That's expected although maybe not how it should be. The content type/keyword search links are just at the top of the search results page and not the main EPG now/next page. I wanted to keep now/next fairly clean. I'll add them to both, hidden but with a link to bring them in.

Only difference is that Firefox additionally displays an error message. (because of the empty query field no doubt).
Runtime Error: epg_search.jim:154: can't read "records": no such variable at file "epg_search.jim", line 154.

I'll look into that too.

P.S. Feature request for af123: Media Browser - Any chance of a "New !" icon for unwatched media similar to the way the 'Lock' icon is implemented.

That's already there but it's using the same new indication that the Humax uses in the media browser, which is the small yellow triangle with a + in it at the top left of the media icon. I've also implemented it for non-.ts files by checking whether a .hmi exists which I find useful.

Haven't done it for directories yet although it might be useful. Presumably the Humax actually does a recursive scan to work out which directories have new content - I expected to find a flag in the .series file in some of the directories but was unsuccessful.

That's expected although maybe not how it should be. The content type/keyword search links are just at the top of the search results page and not the main EPG now/next page. I wanted to keep now/next fairly clean. I'll add them to both, hidden but with a link to bring them in.
Good compromise, thanks in advance. :D

That's already there but it's using the same new indication that the Humax uses in the media browser, which is the small yellow triangle with a + in it at the top left of the media icon.
Thanks once again af123, couldn't see what was under my nose ! :oops:

Haven't done it for directories yet although it might be useful. Presumably the Humax actually does a recursive scan to work out which directories have new content - I expected to find a flag in the .series file in some of the directories but was unsuccessful.
In the .series files the word at offset 0 should be the count of the number of recordings in the directory, it is incremented when a new recording is made. The word at offset 4 is incremented when a new recording is played. The new icon is displayed when these two parameters are different. However, it doesn't seem to bother decrementing them when a recording is deleted.

• Improve EPG search box with drop-down for additional options;
  • Highlight folders with new content in media browser (thanks to xyz321's tip above);
  • New package management screen allows for package installation/removal/upgrade;
  • Only extract alpha/numeric strings from EPG keywords (hopefully fixes aber1's HD issue).

Sorry James, I don't understand. Are you saying that neither of those two screens work at all?
Can anyone else with a HD model confirm?

Thanks.

Yep. They just come up blank except the header banner (which does work as a link back to the main menu) Obviously this is just my ox - ill have a look into it and get back to you

BTW I do like the new package managment page, however it may be easier to see whats installed or not if the 'Install' button was one colour (e.g. green) and the remove one was another (e.g. red)

James

Went to upgrade webif to 0.5.8 to test the new features and got the following in the telnet session:-
humax# opkg upgrade webif
Collected errors:
* opkg_finalize_intercepts: Failed to open dir : No such file or directory.
* rm_r: Failed to open dir : No such file or directory.
* rm_r: Failed to open dir : No such file or directory.
humax#

Problems with hummypkg.org.uk ?

None that I know of. I haven't seen that error message before.

You could try removing then re-installing the webif package to see if it goes on ok.

A couple of thoughts about package management
1) It might be a good idea to add an "Are you really sure" option if people decide to click on "Remove" for webif.
2) An update option would be sweet, but you can achieve that through remove/install so it's not critical
3) Opkg update seems to regularly fail (it hangs) the first time it is run on my box, but it works the second time. If I navigate away from the package page while updating from the Internet, the package management page becomes useless (empty) because webif can't spawn another opkg until the old one has timed out.

Apart from those, is there anything that can be done on the scheduling front? It would be interesting to have a go at that problem so that we can achieve scheduling from the EPG or simply schedule backup and restore.

Opkg update seems to regularly fail (it hangs) the first time it is run on my box, but it works the second time
Me too, I frequently have problems connecting to hummypkg.org.uk the first time round but then it seems to "wake up" and is fine after that.

Me too, I frequently have problems connecting to hummypkg.org.uk the first time round but then it seems to "wake up" and is fine after that.
Another "Me too" here to the opkg update first time hang, second time OK.

Am loving all these updates, and they're coming thick and fast. So fast, that I haven't even had time to update to the latest!!

Trevor

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm not happy with the package management screen yet but I don't have the time to improve it at the moment. It doesn't look very clean and it doesn't provide enough feedback during package operations. It probably needs someone more experienced with web interfaces to take a look...

1) It might be a good idea to add an "Are you really sure" option if people decide to click on "Remove" for webif.

I might just block removal of that via the web interface. I've already blocked shutting down that service through the service management screen. People can use the command line if they really want to do that.

2) An update option would be sweet, but you can achieve that through remove/install so it's not critical

That's already there. If you update the package list from the Internet, then upgradable packages should be highlighted in yellow and have an 'Upgrade' button.

3) Opkg update seems to regularly fail (it hangs) the first time it is run on my box, but it works the second time.

That's interesting, I don't see that problem here.

If I navigate away from the package page while updating from the Internet, the package management page becomes useless (empty) because webif can't spawn another opkg until the old one has timed out.

Yes, it's actually because the package system is locked.
Code:
Collected errors:
 * opkg_conf_load: Could not lock /tmp/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable.
The web interface should deal with this case a bit better.

Apart from those, is there anything that can be done on the scheduling front? It would be interesting to have a go at that problem so that we can achieve scheduling from the EPG or simply schedule backup and restore.

Yes there is. The EPG interface was the first challenging part of that and now the information that's needed to populate the schedule table is available. However, there's more work to do with the hardware API so that wake-up timers are set properly. I don't have the time to start work on that at the moment so I'm waiting until I can concentrate on it. I'll start a new thread about it so we can keep the scheduling discussion in one place.

I'm happy for anyone else to start work on this - in particular if they can write a program that links with libnexus that would be a great start!

EPG backup and restore is certainly possible too. That shouldn't actually be hard at all. Let's wait to see what Humax have done in the software update that's rumoured to be coming in the next few days though.

Back