[webif] Web interface

Me too, I frequently have problems connecting to hummypkg.org.uk the first time round but then it seems to "wake up" and is fine after that.

That's odd. It is running on paid-for hosting with an ISP so shouldn't be flaky. It would be good to see a packet trace of a problem connecting to try and pinpoint the problem, then I can open a ticket with the ISP if it's them.

Am loving all these updates, and they're coming thick and fast. So fast, that I haven't even had time to update to the latest!!

At present they're all very minor updates as I don't have a lot of time for this at the moment. Hopefully that will change in the next week or two.

Had a quick look see at webif 0.5.8 and the good news is that the 'offending trailing characters on Keywords' - are gone ! (HD box issue). Thanks af123. :)

It does seem that hummypkg.org.uk is 'hanging', as there are no problems with directories on my HD box and when I retried the upgrade via telnet, it was fine.

At present they're all very minor updates as I don't have a lot of time for this at the moment. Hopefully that will change in the next week or two.
Minor to you, but every one feels great to me and I'm sure many others, so Thank-you! I'm getting more out of my box than I expected when I got it and it's making the experience better and better. Scheduling recordings via the EPG would be sooooooo cool.

Any info on portal improvements/changes?

Question: what does mplayer offer on the Humax box? Does one use it to remote play onto a PC rather than downloading a copy and playing it locally?

Question: what does mplayer offer on the Humax box? Does one use it to remote play onto a PC rather than downloading a copy and playing it locally?

At present, nothing much. I contains mencoder as well which can be used to convert files from one format to another (so can the ffmpeg package) but the Humax is really too slow to do that reasonably. I was a dependency for some media servers I was testing.

I've got a few problems with the HD box. I have the latest mods applied i.e. 1.02.20, then 1.08 - and am using webif 0.5.9-1.

* Browse Media Files - shows all as SD (is a mix of SD and HD, mostly HD)
* When I delete a file via this list, it shows it gone but it's still there via remote.
* Deleting a file via the remote, shows 'deleting' (background delete), but it never completes - it just hangs on this until I switch off then on (file is still there)

I've looked at the permissions on directory 'Video' and they look OK. When I look at a file it shows 'read-only' against it - as in the example copied and pasted below:-

/media/drive1/Video/Andrew Marr's Megacities/Andrew Marr's Megacities_20110610_2100.hmt: Read-only file system

Can anybody shed some light on what's going on please?

All of those symptoms can be attributed to /media/drive1 being read-only, including the web interface showing everything as SD. I don't know why it is read-only though. Long shot, but does the external disk have a write protect switch which could have been flipped?

What does the output from the mount command show?

Presumably a reboot hasn't fixed it?

Hi all in "browse media files" I cannot see any mp4 files? Do I have to do some setup to get them visible?

Thanks, Jon.

The /mod/var/mongoose/cgi-bin/browse.jim file contains a list of media types to show and mp4 was not in the list. I've added it for the next version along with .mov but that isn't ready for release yet.

If you're comfortable editing that file, either on the box or by downloading it via FTP, then you need to change line 11 to look like:

Code:
set include {.ts .avi .mpg .wmv .mkv .mp4 .mov}

All of those symptoms can be attributed to /media/drive1 being read-only, including the web interface showing everything as SD. I don't know why it is read-only though. Long shot, but does the external disk have a write protect switch which could have been flipped?

What does the output from the mount command show?

Presumably a reboot hasn't fixed it?

I've been unable to reply until now. I have copied details of the directories you quoted below, which look OK to me. (?)

humax# pwd
/media/drive1/Video
humax# ls -la
drwxr-xr-x 33 root root 24576 Jul 6 19:50 .
drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 4096 Jul 7 17:37 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Dec 6 2010 .series

There is no read-only switch on the external disk - it has not been touched since installation and has been faultless in operation.

The HD unit has been rebooted many times, together with power-on for the disk. So I'm at a bit of a loss. I'm not sure how to unmount or mount the said disk. Perhaps you can suggest the best way.....

Thanks.

If you can just post the output of typing mount at the command prompt, that would be a good start.

If you can just post the output of typing mount at the command prompt, that would be a good start.
Thanks for the speedy reply and here it is:-

humax# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type squashfs (ro)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw)
tmpfs on /media type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/mtdblock1 on /var/lib/humaxtv type jffs2 (rw)
/dev/mtdblock2 on /var/lib/humaxtv_backup type jffs2 (rw)
/dev/sda1 on /media/drive1 type ext3 (ro,data=ordered)
/dev/sda1 on /media/virtual type ext3 (ro,data=ordered)
humax#

/dev/sda1 on /media/drive1 type ext3 (ro,data=ordered)

Well, the ro bit in there is the key - it has been mounted read-only for some reason.

To try and mount it temporarily read/write, which might give a clue, can you do:

Code:
humax# mkdir /tmp/a
humax# mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /tmp/a -o rw,data=ordered

I just did a rescan on my box but backed up the recording schedule and favourite channels first via my test web interface, and restored them afterwards. Everything looks good so far! It picked up on some of the services having changed and fixed them automatically.. more testing and the release it in a few days.

Does anyone else have a new scheduled event of type 11 in their Scheduled Recordings list since the last upgrade? I don't know what this is but mine is set to trigger on 3rd August...

Keep up the good work - being able to back up the recording schedule before an update and restore it afterwards is right at the top of my major feature list.

Unfortunately I'm not running the new firmware yet as it's DSO time in 2 weeks and I'm waiting until then.

Does anyone else have a new scheduled event of type 11 in their Scheduled Recordings list since the last upgrade? I don't know what this is but mine is set to trigger on 3rd August...

Sorry, not me - I've only got a "Auto-Update" scheduled for July 8th.

Trevor

This is presumably something you have to look on the web interface for? Can't see anything on the normal on-screen schedule list.

This is presumably something you have to look on the web interface for? Can't see anything on the normal on-screen schedule list.

You can see it in the database dump on the web interface (not the reservations page) or by logging in and checking the database using the sqlite command line interface.

Back