Closed Poll What computer Operating System do you use?

Which Operating System do you use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

parish

Since this is a techie forum, full of techie people, I thought it might be interesting to see what you all use.

I use Mac OS X and Ubuntu Linux. Gave up on Windows years ago, although I still use it (XP Pro) at work.

Win XP, the most stable I've found. I tried Linux but just couldent get used to it

Seven (64bit) and Ubuntu 10.04 Ok 10.10 Grrr Realtek Drivers

SP1 has not been released to the public yet, but it has been released to manufacturers (hence got my copy early!).
I don't believe it brings anything new, it may boot slightly faster.
I have been running it for 2 days now with no problems.

The rest of the family use Win7 but I'm still on XP, it works. Tried dual booting Linux once but couldn't see a need and the dual boot just meant I had to hang around waiting for the screen longer so that disappeared after a few weeks.

Got 2 PCs, one on XP, the other on Win 7. Win 7 is OK, but can be obstructive.

Gentoo Linux with Oracle Virtual Box, then WindowsXP, ME, 95, 3.1, NT4, and DOS 6.22 at the same time!

Not Windows 3.11 then, I see? Rubbish... absolutely rubbish.. :)

May I enquire why.you're still running all the old stuff?

Win 7 at home and work, occasional playing with Ubuntu at home (but I can't live with it to swap completely).

Not Windows 3.11 then, I see? Rubbish... absolutely rubbish.. :)

May I enquire why.you're still running all the old stuff?
i've tried to install 3.11 , but funny noises come from dvd drive, whats the idea behind square installation disks anyway wont sit in the tray right.

Windows 3.1 -> Minesweeper​
DOS 6.22 -> Gorillers (via Qbasic) :)
being serious for a second its basicly to develope software and check for backwards compatablity and to check for file compatability/conversion when updated from older verisions etc.​

Windows 3.1 -> Minesweeper​
DOS 6.22 -> Gorillers (via Qbasic) :)
being serious for a second its basicly to develope software and check for backwards compatablity and to check for file compatability/conversion when updated from older verisions etc.​
DOS 6.22 = UFO Enemy unknown
What other reason would you ever need.

Back