what do the 'country' & 'Operator' settings in the hidden menu do?

Andy-in-Ireland

New Member
hello does anyone know what these settings do in the secret menu on the Fox T2 HDR please - I thought they were self explanatory but i dont find any difference when i change them (as in I am in Ireland so I changed the country one from England to Ireland) :

1790117157053.png


1790117213969.png
 
They adjust the box to the broadcasting standards of the area, and (perhaps) UI adaptations (language) and time zone. If you search back you'll find post where somebody was trying to use an HDR-FOX in Australia (unsuccessfully, IIRC).
 
Last edited:
I tested it out and my recorder seems to hate the Ireland counry setting even though I am in ireland - missed the recordings with 'couldnt track the programme' - when I put it back to country setting England, and BBC as the operator it recorded by schedule fine again.
 
If you want to watch NI broadcasts, the England+BBC setting seems technically appropriate.

I read that the launch of SAORView in the Republic only slightly pre-dated the Fox T2 STBs. Possibly the Ireland country setting was a placeholder in case the Irish DTV solution differed too much from the already configured England+BBC settings. There doesn't seem to be a valid Operator for Ireland.

Also, for the latter case, or wanting to get both services, see https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/custom-firmware-and-ireland-saorview.1142/.
 
Back
Top