What we Know so Far . . .

I didn't make a note of it but I did not spot anything different on the ability to move favourites about as the HDR-FOX T2.
There is a move function within 'Edit Favourites'. Highlight the channels you want to move on the right hand pane by using the OK button to select them. Then use the green button followed so that you can move that selected items as a group up and down using the up and down buttons. If I remember correctly it then the ‘OK’ button to confirm the location.
:oops:Sorry my bad. I missed that the buried menu was different to the "edit favourites" button in the "LIST" menu, I got the manual out and put some bright light on those black rectangles so I could read the text. Then I tried it, and it works.

We don't have frame advance on the HDR-FOX. Annoying. Slow motion is on a button near bottom right of the remote, symbol |> (on the HD/HDR-FOX).

There isn't such a button on the HDR-2000T's remote. I tried pausing and then using << and >> but that just put it into rewind and fast-forward.
Although the WIDE button on the HDR-FOX's remote operates the HDR-2000T, the slow motion button doesn’t.

On the HDR-FOX frame advance could have been implemented by repeat presses of the pause button, but this will not work with the HDR-2000T as the play and the pause button are one and the same.

Dose anybody know if the Humax WiFi dongle that worked with the HDR-T2 will work with this box or does it require a new dongle? I've just bought one of these for my mother for Xmas and it would be nice if I could get it connected to her WiFi network too for the IP channels and iPlayer.

The Humax Direct site states:
Simply connect the HDR-2000T to your home broadband connection, either by Ethernet cable, powerline adaptors or a Humax wireless dongle, to access services including YouTube, BBC iPlayer, and Internet Radio.

Should work then. I know people here have talked about using Edimax dongles as a replacement because the Humax ones are so expensive, but the reason I'm asking is that I've found a local shop which sells the proper dongle for £19.95.

catnap said:
The box will handle new Freeview HD channels
I realise that Humax need to list as many advantages as possible in order to sell the new box but, I would be very surprised if the existing HDR-Fox T2 wasn't also able to handle the new HD channels
How long were you very suprised for?:D

Are there any 2000T owners having issues recording the new HD channels?

I think Luke was referring to the current problems with recordings from BBC3HD and BBC4HD. It's a valid point - I know we have very few 2000T owners, still fewer in areas with COM7, but are they recording from BBC3/4HD without problems?

I appreciate that users are having problems recording from BBC3/4HD, but I have recorded both of these new channels using scheduled and instant requests with no problems so far during playback, so although the problem may be with the HDR-Fox T2, it must only be occurring with a certain set of conditions

My suspicion is that it is to do with marginal reception conditions on the new, lower-powered, MUX.

My suspicion is that it is to do with marginal reception conditions on the new, lower-powered, MUX.
I can't see that would account for the failures I am getting on BBC3/CBBC as with the older HD channels on the same mux I haven't experienced this particular symptom of failure.

I've had my first successful recording on CBBC today! Once I can get BBC3/CBBC to fail consistantly again I'll switch to a better aerial for PSB3 and see if it then works.

I appreciate that users are having problems recording from BBC3/4HD, but I have recorded both of these new channels using scheduled and instant requests with no problems so far during playback...

That's what I initially thought too! I had made several successful recordings on BBC Four HD then all of a sudden I get a failure.

I might add that my reception from Winter Hill for COM7 is not marginal. I will check again later when I am back home.

I might add that my reception from Winter Hill for COM7 is not marginal. I will check again later when I am back home.

I must confess to surprise that Com7 is lower powered. We are on WH too and when I retuned (manually) I was surprised at how far away Com7 was in channels from the original bunch (31 as from 50's and 60's IIRC) and id wonder if the aerial would catch it well enough. But when I checked the signal it was only a tad down on the others - low/mid 70's rather than high 70's (and that's through a splitter) - so obviously not a problem. (I wasn't really expecting one as we have a hefty bit of hardware on the roof which was fitted several years ago to get reliable pre-DSO reception at 30 miles or so range.)

Haven't tried a BBC3/4 recording yet (HDR-FOX, not 2000) - I will try and set some tests up if my wife ever stops watching the damn thing ...

Checked again tonight. COM7 (Channel 31 from Winter Hill), is: Strength 78% and Quality 100%. Strength is down on the other channels, but to be expected.

Just installed our shiny new HDR-2000T without problems. Very similar in operation to an HDR-FOX T2 although the remote control buttons are rearranged; I do like the fact that the play and pause buttons which are separate on an HDR-FOX T2 have been combined into a single button. At the moment the HDR-2000T is connected to the aerial out of PVR-9200T. Signal strength levels for the two boxes are as follows:

Mux Channel HDR-2000 9200
BBC A 22 47% 72%
D3&4 25 52% 80%
L-GMB 27 25% -
BBC B 28 69% -
SDN 30 51% 75%
COM7 33 50% -
ARQ A 53 51% 79%
ARQ B 60 52% 80%

Signal quality is 100% in all cases except L-GMB (which is only a test transmission) and is quality 25%. So far all good. Any news on the software update to give aerial pass through in standby will be available?

Back