WiKi – Custom Firmware Documentation

I'm sure this is somewhere, but like so much I'm damned if I can find it.
If (when) I upgrade my CFW installation from 1.02.32/2.17 to /2.19 will I need to reinstall or reconfigure the packages I've already downloaded (such as Redring, Undelete, ...)?
And if I go to a new standard firmware, ie. >=1.03.06 with CFW >=2.19, what, if anything, will need resetting (CFW or box)?

The Firmware upgrade path is on the Wiki HERE, the part you need is :-

Run prepare_for_upgrade diagnostic (see note below).
Download and install official 1.02.32
Download and install CFW 2.19/1.02.32

nothing needs resetting when going from CFW 2.19/1.02.32 to CFW 2.19/1.03.06, you can just download CFW 2.19/1.03.06 and install it

I cannot find in the Wiki documentation a way of accessing the renumbering EPG facility. Can anyone help please.

Thankyou Brian. I had spotted the reference you quote but I can't see how to get the "box" in which to enter the numbers.

Nole
Have you installed the renumber package? If you have, there should be a renumber settings section in the web interface settings.

It is slightly confusing in that the renumber settings appear under the "reorder" section of the settings page.

Can I point out a documentation problem on FTP

>>
FTP

File Transfer Protocol is a method of transferring files to and from your Humax. The Humax HDR-Fox T2 has a built-in FTP server for access to the media folders only. See the Betaftpd package for access to the full Humax file structure or to add an FTP server to the HD-Fox T2. To use FTP on a P.C. a program that handles FTP is required. Internet Explorer and Windows (file) Explorer will allow FTP access by entering ftp://10.0.0.200 into the address bar, although access may be restricted to media folders only, even when using the Betaftpd package. If access to the whole file structure is required, programs like Filezilla or WS_FTP_Pro can be used.
Notes :-
  • To use the Built-In Humax FTP server MENU >> Settings >> System >> Internet Settings >> FTP Server = ON
  • When using Betaftpd MENU >> Settings >> System >> Internet Settings >> FTP Server = OFF
  • 10.0.0.200 needs to be replaced with your own Humax IP address
  • login = humaxftp
  • password = 0000 (your Remote Pin default). If the remote password has been changed from 0000 then the new password must be used
<<

You actually mean your own address in here ftp://10.0.0.200 not the one shown mines currently ftp://192.168.1.101/ ... unless you have a snazzy way of giving it this address via a fixed address, I just take the one my router allocates which can change after a reboot of the network dependent on where some other device knicks this port first. On the Betaftpd documentation it doesn't mention this port.

Using the Betaftpd I also see that the file explorer doesn't give you the directory above media / photo / music one whilst Firefox does.

>> If login = root and password = 0000 is used then the entire file system is accessible.<< but not Windows Vista Explorer it is by Firefox.

e.g.

Index of ftp://192.168.1.101/../

Up to higher level directory
NameSizeLast Modified
bin 06/12/2013 11:35:00
dev 05/03/2013 00:00:00
etc 06/12/2013 11:35:00
home 05/03/2013 00:00:00
etc

Tell : unless you have a snazzy way of giving it this address via a fixed address
Yes, you can supply the Humax with a fixed IP address by not using DHCP or by using DHCP on the Humax and then by allocating a fixed IP address against the Humax's MAC address on your router

Not sure whether this is the correct place to post this, but there is an error on the wiki page for custom firmware package notes for cifs [1]. It seems I am not able to edit that page (it says it is protected).
The command shown to mount a share is:
mount -t cifs "//server/share /media/My Video/NAS" -o user=abc,password=def
It needs additional quotes:
mount -t cifs "//server/share" "/media/My Video/NAS" -o user=abc,password=def

[1] I am not able to post the link directly as I have not posted enough messages yet, but it is on the wiki page Custom_Firmware_Package_Notes#CIFS

this is the link
Strictly speaking the //server/share doesn't need the quotes - unless it includes characters like spaces
On the other hand My Video will always need some form of escaping because of the space included (and it could also be done as My\ Video) - depends on your level of knowledge.
Best to take these sorts of things as hints, rather than dictates, as it is difficult to cover all cases...

But the Wiki is surely supposed to be somewhere that tells you what exactly to do and if it doesn't work then request a change so that it works under all circumstances. Including the extra quotes will achieve this (it seems but I've not tested)

Derek, what you say is correct, but I think you have missed the point. The wiki currently has "//server/share /media/My Video/NAS" with one pair of quotes round the whole thing. That complete string is therefore taken by mount to be the server share string, and it is therefore not valid.

Colin

As clanlaw says the original WiKi entry was showing a single string which was incorrect, it has now been corrected, Thanks - for pointing this out

WIKI EXCEEDS 2 MILLIONTH VIEW

The Wiki attached to this forum has reached another milestone as the page view count passed 2,000,000 recently.

2000K.png

Hi

Just went to download the AV2HDR program and the file host responded with invalid link.

Is there another place I can download the file?

cheers

Back