Windows Print-to-File

I've been reading something about importing Visual Studio into PowerShell - is that how you do it?

I've been reading something about importing Visual Studio into PowerShell - is that how you do it?
No - I've used a free tool called Advanced Script Editor (ASE) in the past which has support for building GUIs (forms) quickly.
I could get you started..

My little .bat file (with a symbolic name for the target network printer) is chugging along nicely...

Well, that was speaking too soon! This month it had some issues that haven't happened before:

"Error: could not send data to print server. Job aborted."​

That's understandable, the printer had a paper feed jam and stopped awaiting correction.

"Error: print server did not accept request. Job aborted."​

Fair enough again, a knock-on effect of the above (the first message was within one print, the subsequent one was for a new print).

"Error: print server unreachable or specified printer does not exist."​

For some reason, it seems the printer then took itself off-line (or maybe the OS decided it was off-line having not accepted too many transfers).

So far, not unreasonable. Once the jam was corrected and the job restarted, everything was fine again until:

"Error: host EPSON78163A is unknown."​

That was in the middle of a print run, when everything seemed to be working fine! It just stopped for no apparent reason. Start the job again (without any other intervention) and it was fine for a while, and then "unknown" again. And after enough "unknown"s on the trot, "does not exist".

:mad:

Back