wishlist on next update

Added this to post #2..

4) Basic editing of recordings.. help us remove the crud at the start/end + Ads.

My original point (3) is kinda taken care of with the changes I made to the series auto-filer script :-D

Have spoke with Bob from Humax via email over the weekend.
He confirmed the T2 is pretty much at the end of the line now regarding future updates as Humax regard it as "fairly complete" and they need to move their development time on to new projects and products.
He confirmed there will be ongoing improvements to the portal, but does not think there will be any further feature additions.

I also asked Bob if they could look at adding better codec support which got the following response:
"Codecs are supported by the hardware and platform as supplied by the chip designer. Humax believes there is an excellent range of codecs in the T2 models."

- So thats a no then right? lol

Oh well, at least they won't be breaking the custom firmware any time soon :-D Maybe we can get limited editing into the web interface?

I seem to remember saying I didn't think Humax would continue development now that iPlayer and streaming are included. I got poo-poo'ed.

Have spoke with Bob from Humax via email over the weekend.
He confirmed the T2 is pretty much at the end of the line now regarding future updates as Humax regard it as "fairly complete" and they need to move their development time on to new projects and products.
He confirmed there will be ongoing improvements to the portal, but does not think there will be any further feature additions.

I also asked Bob if they could look at adding better codec support which got the following response:

- So thats a no then right? lol
So does that mean there will no Sky Player afterall?

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for Youview. Looks like a dying initiative to me and we will be stuck with individual manufacturers continuing to go their own sweet way.

We're getting a mini Youview in a few months anyway with those new Vision, Connect & Stream channels.
If that takes off, expect more to follow.

here you go, this is the filter and what it looks like now

You're a star, that's fantastic. Everyone in my family dislikes the dim display, my Aunt used to be able to see the clock on her Pace Twin in standby. I'll have three boxes to do: mine, parents, aunt.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for Youview. Looks like a dying initiative to me and we will be stuck with individual manufacturers continuing to go their own sweet way.

Youview is essential. It's the only why to get catchup for all the main channels (BBC, ITV, C4, 5) rather than the current hotch potch where some boxes do BBC and Sky, Sony TVs do BBC and 5, etc.

I want Trailer Booking to be looked at again.
Currently if you press the green button, the list that comes up can show 3/4 listings for the program with no immedite difference.
Its only after setting a recording that you notice there is also an HD option instead of the SD one or that one of them is a series link rather than a standard record option.

I have just upgraded to the latest official firmware, and noticed this about Trailer Booking too (although I do love the feature). Is there any common pattern discernible? For example, if there are three entries, is the first for SD, the second for HD, the third for a series? Or is there no way to tell?

From the initial list there is no way to tell.
I have noticed though that if you set the series link from this list and an HD version is available, it will tell you - eventually - i cant remember if its after you set the link for the SD version or before though.

They should just have included the channel names in the list to make it bleeding obvious !
At the minute its usually just a list of 4 entries which all look the same! A schoolboy error that should have been picked up in testing.

A few wish list items :- Fix auto update of EPG from standby (daily) instead of relying on the Humax turning on, either manually or for recording, Also allow sellection of series recording after the current program has started e.g. "This is a good program, I wonder if it is a series?, Yes its !, Record the others from Today's EPG then, Oh it won't let me"

here you go, this is the filter and what it looks like now
JPEG pict link does not work any chance you can re do it I have two Foxsat HDR boxes Nice and Bright and New Fox HDR T2 all Orange and Dim thinking of doing this although its only 2 weeks old so would like to see pict first

In the unlikely event Humax read this it would be nice to have option to display the time instead of the channel name. Whoo!

I've just upgraded from a 9200T to a HDR-FOX T2 and I have noticed that the usability of this unit is not quite a slick as the 9200T. This could be because Humax have concentrated on all the other great features instead of basics. Therefore, I have sent an email to Humax Support with the following suggested improvements:

The 4 arrow keys do nothing if pressed whilst watching a TV channel. These could be used to bring up the channel info in the same way the 'i' button does by showing the upper/lower channel info (up and down arrows) or the next/previous programme (right and left arrows). This would save some button presses.

On my old 9200T the original firmware did not remember the channel group when the unit was put into stand-by. This was corrected in a later firmware update. I'm surprised this has not been implemented on the HDR-FOX T2. I tend to have a group that contains both TV and radio channels. When I turn on the unit I have to remember that it goes back to the TV group. Can this be implemented please?

I currently do not receive HD channels at the moment by I assume when HD channel become available these will be displayed in the HDTV group. Will they also be un the TV group? If not it will be a pain to have to keep switching to the HDTV group and I suspect I'll find myself watching SD instead.

When listening to a Radio station such as BBC 6Music they display the track name and artist on the screen which is great. However, after a couple of minutes of inactivity a clock screen saver pops up meaning you have to have the remote to hand to turn it back to the channel display. I understand this is to save some TV from screen burn but can you add a settings menu option to disable this screensaver?

Speaking about the clock. Is it possible to have the option to display the clock on the front panel display of the unit instead of or along with the channel name? On my old 9200T it was the only visible clock in my living room. Now I will have to use the remote to find the time. Also, Can the display brightness in standby be made righter so the clock is move visible?

Finally, I would like to suggest an improvements to the Music menu system. When listening to music it is currently not possible to search through the music library menu without stopping the music. Can this be changed. I notice that the Video menu allows this even though it obscures the screen so I'm surprised it is not possible when listening to music.
If to have anymore suggestions to improve usability, please list them in this thread.

We do have a Wish List topic HERE (click). The arrow cursors do have a function - if you invoke the timeshift buffer (press pause), the left and right arrows shift you through the buffer.

Back