Wrong CRID for Shetland ?

peterworks

Ye Olde Bowler
I have recorded on series the first two episodes of the above. However the next episode has not been scheduled (it is sitting in the list but not set). Checking the CRID I see it has changed.
Can someone please confirm that they have the same problem and are the BBC having problems with CRIDs as well as AR ?
Thankyou

Same here, I had to set up a new series link. I have noticed that on some BBC programmes (including Shetland) the AR recording has started about 30 seconds after the actual start. This has happened on both episodes to date. On some others I have been getting a minute or so of the break before the start of a programme recorded, so it seems that the AR signals and the programme starts are a bit misaligned.

I have noticed that on some BBC programmes (including Shetland) the AR recording has started about 30 seconds after the actual start.
Accurate recording hasn't been working on BBC programmes for several weeks. Apparently a problem with a new playout system.

Note that next week's Shetland has been bumped to Wednesday to make way for an FA Cup replay on Tuesday. Picked up by my existing series record setting on my BT Youview box when I checked earlier this morning.

One way to deal with CRID problems is to use RS and create an "event schedule" to record each individual episode based on a text search (obviously this applies to CF users only).

:rolleyes: And people wonder why I don't use AR and always keep an eye on what the Humax has stored as scheduled recordings!
I made sure I checked (the next day) after hearing the announcer saying the next episode was on Wednesday.

Thanks for info.
However, I have just used the moved episode of Shetland (Wed 28) to set up a new series link.
It has scheduled it for Tue 27, under name “Shetland” with info description for FA Cup!!!!
The previous series entry for Shetland is showing as unscheduled.

What a mess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am thinking there is a problem with the channel tuning on your box picking up channels from more than one transmitter.

I had the same series of events as HarveyB and I can only pick up channels from one transmitter. 'What a mess' sums it up.

The CRID for Shetland was fine from the Oxford transmitter and I didn't think this was set per transmitter so I am out of ideas as to why it should affect some but not others?

Only one transmitter involved. It looks like they may have corrected the CRID because the “old” schedule item has now picked up correctly.
The “new”one still shows wrong but I’ll just delete that one.
I agree with peterworks; BBC messed up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I set up a new series link for Shetland on BBC One HD this Wednesday (see below). I left the old link in the guide. The old link has now repopulated with the episode for next week. There are two different series CRIDs:
Code:
Channel     - 101 - BBC ONE HD (BBC ONE HD)
Event Name    Shetland
Start    Wed 28 Feb 2018
21:00
Duration    01:00:00
Series CRID      FP.BBC.CO.UK/WI77J6
Events      FP.BBC.CO.UK/1FTXA5
Code:
Channel     - 101 - BBC ONE HD (BBC ONE HD)
Event Name    Shetland
Start    Tue 06 Mar 2018
21:00
Duration    01:00:00
Series CRID      FP.BBC.CO.UK/WKWNIN
Events      FP.BBC.CO.UK/1FTXA6

How the heck did it know to do that?
Presumably when this week's episode was moved to Wednesday the series CRID was changed in error. Next week's episode has reverted to the original series CRID making the original series link active again now that the episode is in the guide. The series CRIDs are different for these two episodes on BBC One (W Mid) too. So If you are recording Shetland you may have to set up your series link again in the guide for next week.

I sent a 'complaint' via the BBC web site - will await their response, if any...
For completeness I received the following reply:
Thanks for contacting the BBC Reception Advice Team.
I understand you've encountered problems recording 'Shetland' recently.
We are sorry to read of the issues you have experienced and we have passed your comments on the relevant team to investigate further.
Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us.
Kind regards
James Kelly
BBC Audience Services

I suspect I will hear nothing further...

AR was cocked up for the Weather For The Week Ahead last night - kicked in before the end of the previous programme and out again half way through the forecast.

Back