New HDR-T2 - Software Version 1.03.06

Pics
Here are a few that I took whilst removing the orange filter. They are not very good, but may be of interest to some.
View attachment 746View attachment 747View attachment 748View attachment 749View attachment 750View attachment 751View attachment 752

Old HW
CIMG0794.JPG

New HW
Dscf0001s.jpg

Original photos - click links.

I have a graded GB that I received from Humax about 1 month ago with the latest firmware. I might be willing to give it a go if we were fairly sure it wouldn't be bricked. Wife watches emmerdale and would be pretty annoyed if it went down.
I'm as sure as I can be without trying it on a 1.03.36 box. I have a way of extracting the 1.03.06 firmware from the box (I won't post details of the technique publicly - but it was xyz321's idea). It requires installing a small software update in the normal manner (which doesn't overwrite anything that's really important and can't be restored from files that have already been extracted). Booting then extracts the firmware to an attached USB disk. Another software update restores normal box function.

Let me know if you're willing to give it a go.

I'm as sure as I can be without trying it on a 1.03.36 box. I have a way of extracting the 1.03.06 firmware from the box (I won't post details of the technique publicly - but it wasn't my idea). It requires installing a small software update in the normal manner (which doesn't overwrite anything that's really important and can't be restored from files that have already been extracted). Booting then extracts the firmware to an attached USB disk. Another software update restores normal box function.

Let me know if you're willing to give it a go.

Sure I will give it a go.

Plan is to put the custom firmware on so if you can figure this into any instructions once you have the firmware.

I have a new (graded) box from Humax direct which came with Sw 1.03.36 and older hardware (two tuners). I successfully installed modified FW 2.19 this morning. No problems so far.

I have a new hardware RE box waiting to install the first version of CF for 1.03.06.:)

Give me a couple of days to analyse the differences - had to head out visiting family today.

First I'll upload an official-ish release which will hopefully help those who have experienced problems after downgrading. At least, it should confirm that re-upgrading fixes it.

A 1.03.06 CFW release will follow.

Many, many thanks are due to The Asgard for doing the extraction and risking the wrath of SWMBO and to xyz321 for coming up with the process in the first place!

Posted on the move; please excuse any brevity.

Many, many thanks are due to The Asgard for doing the extraction and risking the wrath of SWMBO and to xyz321 for coming up with the process in the first place!

Posted on the move; please excuse any brevity.

Absolutely no problem, nice to give back to the community. Keep up the good work!

Changes in 1.03.06 that I've found so far.
  • The embedded web browser that's used for the portal has been replaced. Older firmwares contained the ANT Galio Browser whereas 1.03.06 contains Opera (Opera/9.80 Presto/2.9.115 Version/11.10).
  • Tuning of the IP networking stack to override Linux defaults (possibly to improve browser performance);
  • The code contains references to filesystem checking - perhaps the disk test has been improved or they are working on allowing recovery from filesystem errors without a reformat;
  • It has some references to new menu items relating to remote scheduling and obtaining the EPG via the Internet (14 day EPG?);
  • custom-portal / portal-xtra1 will no longer work as-is.
So it seems that this release is predominantly aimed at improving/extending the Portal side of things and possibly allowing remote scheduling in the future.

Changes in 1.03.06 that I've found so far.
  • The embedded web browser that's used for the portal has been replaced. Older firmwares contained the ANT Galio Browser whereas 1.03.06 contains Opera (Opera/9.80 Presto/2.9.115 Version/11.10).
  • Tuning of the IP networking stack to override Linux defaults (possibly to improve browser performance);
  • The code contains references to filesystem checking - perhaps the disk test has been improved or they are working on allowing recovery from filesystem errors without a reformat;
  • It has some references to new menu items relating to remote scheduling and obtaining the EPG via the Internet (14 day EPG?);
  • custom-portal / portal-xtra1 will no longer work as-is.
So it seems that this release is predominantly aimed at improving/extending the Portal side of things and possibly allowing remote scheduling in the future.
I don't understand why they would do this from an economic point of view, unless this is development work for future products.

I don't understand why they would do this from an economic point of view, unless this is development work for future products.

Unless they wanted a bigger install base to make things like ITV, 4oD and Netflix worthwhile for new and old products?

Whishfull thinking!!!

Posted on the move

Back