New HDR-T2 - Software Version 1.03.06

Changes in 1.03.06 that I've found so far.
Any indication that it would cause incompatibility issues between HDR-Fox T2 /GB/REs and HDR-Fox T2/GBs?. In other words why users would see problems downgrading from 1.03.06 to 1.02.32?, or would that kind of detail be too deeply buried ?

Any indication that it would cause incompatibility issues between HDR-Fox T2 /GB/REs and HDR-Fox T2/GBs?. In other words why users would see problems downgrading from 1.03.06 to 1.02.32?, or would that kind of detail be too deeply buried ?
Nothing I can see but I wouldn't necessarily be able to.

Installed 1.03.06 on my old HDR (loader a7.30) and straight away it had problems getting an HDMI sync to my Panasonic TV and flashed up a green screen. Had to power cycle the TV to fix it. I've never seen HDMI problems with it (unlike my previous Sony) so maybe they have also tweaked something else in the HDMI code.

Testing is going well though. IR and Redring still function which are the most integrated packages.

The iPlayer looks different with 1.03.06 - presumably the newer browser is able to use the updated interface. The pause and download trick still works though, with the added bonus that the download progress is shown on the TV screen while paused!

What's the pause & download trick?

Sent from my GT-I9300

You can pause iPlayer playback and the buffer continues to load at network speed. Download is our ability to extract the MP4 from the buffer.

So you don't have to wait say 60 minutes for a show to stream it will download as fast as your internet connection & you can save it to watch later.

Sent from my GT-I9300

So you don't have to wait say 60 minutes for a show to stream it will download as fast as your internet connection & you can save it to watch later.

Sent from my GT-I9300
That is correct, the programme is downloaded and saved in the streamer down file which is located on different partition of the disc. Using the custom firmware you can watch the progress of the download and save the file when complete.

That is correct, the programme is downloaded and saved in the streamer down file which is located on different partition of the disc. Using the custom firmware you can watch the progress of the download and save the file when complete.

So I pause iPlayer & leave it open on the Humax, where/how do I check on the download & know when it's safe to close iPlayer.

Sent from my GT-I9300

So I pause iPlayer & leave it open on the Humax, where/how do I check on the download & know when it's safe to close iPlayer.

Sent from my GT-I9300
You can pause iPlayer or leave it playing to download. If you have the custom firmware installed, open the Web-If browser window on your PC or tablet, and click on the 'Browse Media Files' icon. At the bottom of the page is a yellow button labelled 'save last streamed content' this will tell you the size of the download and, if it is still downloading, it will show the rate at which it is downloading. When it just shows a file size and no download rate (give it 10 or 20 seconds to be sure it has stopped) click this button and you will then be able to name and save the file. It saves in the location you are in, so if you navigate to the folder you want before saving you won't need to move the file.

Excellent, I have used the Save Last Streamed Content before to download an iPlayer program for later viewing. I didn't realise you could get it quicker though. I just set the show playing then left it going while watching a DVD.

It's a shame that we haven't got anyone with a 'bricked' box that can load this on just to see if it could 'resurrect' it!

Yes, they must have their reasons I suppose, but it can't be much hassle uploading it to their public beta site.

Yes, they must have their reasons I suppose, but it can't be much hassle uploading it to their public beta site.

Personally, I'm happy to wait for the official humax firmware to be released before upgrading. Will the cf be re-relrased if/when humax release 1.03.06?

I'm wondering if humax are not giving this a general release and are prepping a new version.

I know the extracted 1.03.06 Official FW is available a bit back in this thread but maybe it should be on the Wiki as a non-official Official FW for those that may need it ?

petrev : maybe it [extracted 1.03.06] should be on the Wiki as a non-official Official FW for those that may need it
I agree, but maybe af123 has a problem in categorising it, It doesn't contain Custom Firmware but strictly speaking it isn't official firmware either, in other words it will, I guess, have a different SHA1 (checksum) than the one Humax may be releasing, if they ever get around to it

Back