[rs] Remote Scheduling Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've made a small update to the automatic scheduler so that it shows the search terms that were used to match the event. I kept getting emails about programmes and had no idea why!

Code:
BBC TWO [Tue, 20 Nov 2012 10:03:00 +0000 / 00:02]
  Octonauts: Creature Reports
  CBeebies. The Sea Snails: Captain Barnacles and his intrepid
  band of explorers, the Octonauts, sing about underwater
  creatures. The Octonauts share a few fun facts about sea snails. [S]
    === Scheduled successfully (series). (octonauts / ) ===

The search terms appears in parentheses in the last line.

There have been a fair number of signups to RS over the past few days and we've finally broken the 256K requests/day barrier. No wonder the ISP keeps making me upgrade the hosting package : )

I'm getting the same, normal RS EPG O.K. but Mobile RS EPG blank, the Mobile RS EPG keyword search seems to be working O.K.
EDIT
Having thought about it, I think the Mobile Version is only supposed to perform an EPG Search rather than display the full EPG

Any ideas why I'm not getting any epg information using the mobile version of the remote scheduling portal?
That's how it's designed. The mobile version of RS is usually used on the go and it aims to be quick and not transfer a lot of data. The EPG screen is just a keyword search app and not a general purpose now/next style guide.

i did do a search on this thread and didn't find an answer to my query:
when i look in the EPG on the RS portal, i don't see my HD channels at all? I see the entry for BBC1 HD but no prog info. ITV HD, C4HD and BBC HD do not show at all.
If i do a prog search, the SD version comes up, and if i click a link to show me the HD version, i don't get the Schedule option. What am I doing wrong?
i'm running custom firmware 2.11...

and BTW, I LOVE my Hummy even more with the addition of the custom stuff, so thanks for all those who have made it possible

You can force your Humax to send a full set of program info. to the RS server via the Web-If e.g. Web-If >> Diagnostics >> Run Diagnostic replace 'gerenal' with diskpush and then click the Run Diagnostic icon. The lack of some channels on the RS Server is sometimes caused by using the Renumber Package have you used this package?

Hm - still no change.
When I run diskpush, I just see the recordings detail shown - nothing of the channels. Is this correct? Anything else I should try?

Try the chanpush diagnostic.
I tried that too and still no change on RS
chanpush and diskpush output in attached file

attached a screen of what I see in RS Portal in the HD section...s014.jpg
my scheduled HD recordings show up ok though...

Attachments

• chanpush_diskpush.txt
    36.2 KB · Views: 4
BBC One HD shouldn't be on channel 50. That will be what is confusing the RS system.
It looks like you haven't done a retune since the big shuffle round last year.

BBC One HD shouldn't be on channel 50. That will be what is confusing the RS system.
It looks like you haven't done a retune since the big shuffle round last year.

Talking of BBC HD I noticed that my Auto Schedule for anything with 'gromit' in it scheduled the SD version rather than favouring the HD as it used to do. The only difference I can think of is that I have used Renumber to move the HD channels from the 100's to 1, 3, 4, etc etc. Could this be causing Auto Schedule some confusion?

Hey all

I have an issue when setting up auto scheduling.

When I try and use the synopsis to filter out some items, it wont pick up a program it should clearly match on. See following example I have set up (this is for test purposes only).

clipboard.jpg

Here I am trying not to include any episodes of ripper street where the synopsis may have the word "christmas" in it. The problem is though, when I use the '-' character, it then matches no programmes at all, even though the programme synopsis doesnt have the word 'christmas' anywhere in it.

This happens on everything whenever I use the '-' character.

Am I using this wrong or is this an bug somewhere.

Thanks

Whenever you use the +/- operators, RS just makes use of a MySQL fulltext boolean search.

(See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/fulltext-boolean.html)

For some reason, and by design, this search type doesn't work if it just contains negation operators - from the MySQL documentation:
  • -
    A leading minus sign indicates that this word must not be present in any of the rows that are returned.
    Note: The - operator acts only to exclude rows that are otherwise matched by other search terms. Thus, a boolean-mode search that contains only terms preceded by - returns an empty result. It does not return “all rows except those containing any of the excluded terms.”
Usually you can find a word that will always be there to add as a + term to go alongside the -, in this case perhaps:

-christmas +crime

?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back