1.02.26 Escaped

Marco Notley

Hi..
Great site, thanks for all advice I've had so far......but now a question!
Here's my world:
HDR T2 developed a fault but before I had JL replace it I backed up some HD recordings to a USB drive. Now I've had the unit replaced, I've copied the items back across to the new Hummy but they don't play (just a black screen with an error message along the lines of 'The Channel is scrambled......'). SD backups plays OK.....
Have I lost the HD recordings forever? Or is there a way of getting a view of these again.....or can a Custom firmware assist in my quest?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I've got some footage that I'd really like to recover that includes some family footage.

You've fallen into the same trap as others have in the past (and posted the same question).

With the uncustomised HDR-FOX, copying a recording to USB decrypts StDef but not HiDef. Unfortunately the encryption code is unique to each Humax, so the encrypted file from one cannot be decrypted by any other, even with custom software installed. Sorry.

I'm not sure what you mean about family footage, unless it came from a HiDef broadcast, as anything you imported onto the Humax would not have been encrypted in the first place.

Ahhh, thanks BH. Apologies for not managing to find the answer elsewhere.....point taken.

May still go for the CF as I'm quite partial to pushing my tech further than what comes out of the box, although I've noticed that my new Humax has an Official Firmware that is much newer than what's currently listed on the Humax website (it 's listed as last updated in Jan 3rd 2012 - FHTCP 1.02.26 , but the Humax site is listed as June 2011 -FHTCP 1.02.20). Are you aware of this? Don't want to lose that if it's the latest FW without having a copy to revert to if needs be.

The 'family' stuff was just some HD news recordings of my Great Grandfather as he was one of the few WW1 vets left and they were running an article. Alas, hope to be able to find in a BBC archive one day.
Thanks again for you advice, much appreciated.

I don't think anyone is aware of version 1.02.26, It would be good to be able to backup this version as I don't think this is generally available. Could you tell us the other system Info. displayed e.g. Loader Version, System ID, Micom Version, It would be good to know what else has changed
EDIT
The Custom Firmware will not work with your 1.02.26 Version of Firmware, You would need a version of Custom Firmware written for this new version

1.02.26 is news to me - thinking 4GB bug cure. I will look into this later, but reluctant to install in case it locks out the route back.

Marco - it would be very useful if you are willing: download firmware version 1.02.20 and 1.02.26; providing you have successfully downloaded both, try overloading your existing 1.02.26 with 1.02.26 (the same) and check the HDR is still working (should be!). Then overload with 1.02.20 and check that works, and then back to 1.02.26 again. Being as you have 1.02.26 anyway, these tests will check if there are any pitfalls for the rest of us and also check whether you can load 1.02.20 for the custom software.

Ahhh, thanks BH. Apologies for not managing to find the answer elsewhere.....point taken.

I only meant you're not alone, although of course all the necessary background is to be found in the Trail Guide and the Glossary.

Marco : Don't want to lose that if it's the latest FW without having a copy to revert to if needs be
My understanding is that 1:02:26 was installed on the HDR when Marco received it and that he hasn't got a backup of it. Marco I would urge you not to try changing your firmware at all until you have a working backup of 1:02:26

That's what I thought but googling humax 1.02.26 is only finding results referring to the PVR-9150T and nothing for the HDR T2 - Marco hang on to what you've got til we track this down!!!

Super sleuth, AKA oijonesey, is on the case...stand by your beds......wibble, wibble, wibble...

Yup no sign of this out there yet at all - maybe something will surface after Easter - we never release stuff at my place before Bank Holidays (often during to go live after but rarely before).

I'm interested to see how long it takes google to index the only currently known record of this which is on our site!! Should be overnight if the bots do their job

Does that make it official when a google search for the Humax download file name convention returns this?

Your search - HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.26- did not match any documents.
Suggestions:
  • Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
  • Try different keywords.
  • Try more general keywords

oooo, suddenly feel a bit speshal.
Okily doke, when I get back from work I'll get all those details (Loader/SysID etc) and post back.
I'll sit tight at the moment re: downgrading/upgrading) but quite willing to help anyway I can.
Jonesey, likewise, I did a search for it, but returned nothing.
The immediate difference I noticed was upon pressing one of the top 4 function buttons on the remote (PVR, TV, DVD, Audio) it displays your choice on the Tv itself with a nice little graphic smack bang in the middle of the screen (my very intelligent (disclaimer) but non tecky wife liked this). This was when I 1st checked the FW version as I'd not seen that nice touch before.
Back with you all later.

What??? Is this an April Fool?????

Well knock me down with a feather. I didn't expect the mode buttons to transmit anything, but I just had a look at the remote with a camera (digital cameras are sensitive to IR) and amazingly the handset IS transmitting something when you press them.

Someting you could try is streamed playback from a DLNA source and see if it makes it past 4GB!

What??? Is this an April Fool?????

Well knock me down with a feather. I didn't expect the mode buttons to transmit anything, but I just had a look at the remote with a camera (digital cameras are sensitive to IR) and amazingly the handset IS transmitting something when you press them.

Someting you could try is streamed playback from a DLNA source and see if it makes it past 4GB!
Heh heh, no April fool! Would you like a picture?
I'll see if I've got anything over 4gb and let you know. Ok for me to test with Tversity and/or the linkstation?

Hi Brian.
It was a dumb ass question in the first place it seems!
Happy for you to weave your moderating magic.

There will be an update for everyone once the nippers are tucked up in bed.
Cheers.

Back