1.02.28 (CF 2.11)

af123

Administrator
Staff member
I've uploaded CF 2.11 for Humax firmware version 1.02.28

Links at the usual place - http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads

It is safe to apply this one directly over the top of 1.02.27/CF2.11 if you wish, otherwise the process is:
  • Run the prepare_for_upgrade diagnostic;
  • Install the official 1.02.28 firmware;
  • Install the customised 1.02.28/2.11 firmware.
It may take an additional reboot for all hooks to be fully active (undelete, redring etc.)

(Btw, humax have now removed 1.02.27 from their download site)

Cheers AF!

All installed and I will see how Humaxs' .28 goes compared to .27 in terms of switch on issues and factory defaults!

Wow awesome speed of update to CFW :)

my box came with 1.02.27 - CFW'd at the weekend, will probably be this weekend until I get time to update but thanks :)

I have followed:
Both installed successfully but when I try to connect to webIF I get an unable to connect error.

Any help please?

EDIT: I have the amber coloured ring showing as if the customised software is not installed.

Same here. First failure. Previously using 1.02.27 and 2.11.
I upgraded the Humax f/w. All fine, and I could see the Hummy through webif as usual. Nevertheless, I upgraded the custom f/w and now have no connection with the box except via ftp, having first re-enabled the standard ftp server. No telnet (server refused connection), no ftp using betaftp.
I've tried a second install of the custom f/w. The first time it paused for a couple of minutes at 79%, second time it went straight through. Same result, though.
Where do I go from here?

I have followed:
Both installed successfully but when I try to connect to webIF I get an unable to connect error.

Any help please?

EDIT: I have the amber coloured ring showing as if the customised software is not installed.
I have done the same as you, and all seems to be working properly.
My boxes have Manual configured IP Addresses which connected to webif as normal.
I did have to perform an additional reboot to get redring working again.

I'm in the process of rolling back to 1.02.20 and I see that the pause at 79% is when the official f/w updates, not the custom. I'm suspecting that I may have made a classic error with my upgrade files. Will keep you informed.

I have done the same as you, and all seems to be working properly.
My boxes have Manual configured IP Addresses which connected to webif as normal.
I did have to perform an additional reboot to get redring working again.

My box also has a Manual configured IP Address and I can ping it and access it via the default ftp.

I have reinstalled the customised software twice and rebooted a number of times. It still appears as if the custom software is not installed.

I am going to start from scratch again and install both softwares.

EDIT: I did wait at the 79% install point until it completed as this is normal.

I'm in the process of rolling back to 1.02.20 and I see that the pause at 79% is when the official f/w updates, not the custom. I'm suspecting that I may have made a classic error with my upgrade files. Will keep you informed.
Yes, official 1.02.28 pauses for quite a while at 79%, then has shorter pauses at 89% and 99%.

Reinstalled both softwares again and now webIF is accessible.

I think a file mix up was responsible.

I did notice that in the past and according to the instructions, one must make sure to rename the custom software file and that the latest update already has the correct filename.

A lot of pilot error going on here today.:confused:
All now well. I rolled back to 1.02.20/2.11 successfully, then re-upgraded to 1.02.28/2.11.

Anybody spotted any downsides? Like inability to revert in particular??
Not yet, it looks good so far. Reversion is possible (some trickery required on the HD model just as for 1.02.27).
Is that trickery just for when the CF is installed? I ask because for my HD-FOX-T2 I just used the standard USB process to revert to 1.02.20 from 1.02.27.

Is that trickery just for when the CF is installed? I ask because for my HD-FOX-T2 I just used the standard USB process to revert to 1.02.20 from 1.02.27.
It isn't CF specific but downgrading everything including the kernel and bootloader is usually problematic on the HD model. I thought I had read somewhere on here that downgrading from .27 to .20 didn't work.

Back