a place for general chat

magmax

i dont want to use topic forums for general chit chat it is not allowed so i have created this thread ewerynody is welcome.

I haven't been around for a while but whilst away I've received messages from 14 separate members about the content in this thread.

This is a forum for supporting users of Humax boxes and while a bit of diversionary discussion in the arms is welcome, this thread has wandered too far onto topics that, based on the messages I've received, many people here find inappropriate.

I am archiving this thread and removing the posts so far from view. Please drop the topics within and let's get back to supporting Humax users!

I didn't realise normal service had been suspended, but apparently there's a deluge of people unwilling to post their problems in the technical sections because of the foregoing in this non-technical thread - it has been rather quiet. All rather 1984.

I was going to add that I would go back to supporting Humax users (and even some people with printer problems :p) if there were some questions I felt competent to answer. Recently there hasn't been much activity on the 2000T or 9150/9300 forums. As I can't comment on the CF, can't help there (very often). The 'Arms is a bit of light relief - even when it does stray into the (might be) offensive. Back to compaining about traffic problems...:rolleyes:

af123, can't you do anything about the ads posted at the bottom of the phone screen?
90% feature voluptuous females looking for a date and I can't oblige! Seriously, they're bloody annoying and you can't fund the site if I don't dare press the button!

af123, can't you do anything about the ads posted at the bottom of the phone screen?
90% feature voluptuous females looking for a date and I can't oblige! Seriously, they're bloody annoying and you can't fund the site if I don't dare press the button!
You could become a 'Forum Supporter', then you wouldn't have to suffer the adverts, and trackers. ;)

Ah yes, I'll check when I last made a donation.

In the meantime, I found this reply to Mike0001 from af123 earlier this year

"I've found some of the recent ones actually useful/interesting. Unusual I know and this is probably the only site I use that I have an ad-blocker exception in place for... It's a shame that we've had the set of <insert nationality here> dating ones, I definitely have adult content disabled!

Google adsense rules prevent me from saying much but it's certainly possible that the current adverts will cover at least half of the running costs, just by being displayed - and more if any are interesting enough to be clicked"

Last edited:
I haven't been around for a while but whilst away I've received messages from 14 separate members about the content in this thread.

This is a forum for supporting users of Humax boxes and while a bit of diversionary discussion in the arms is welcome, this thread has wandered too far onto topics that, based on the messages I've received, many people here find inappropriate.

I am archiving this thread and removing the posts so far from view. Please drop the topics within and let's get back to supporting Humax users!

Whilst I see your position and don't wish to prolong the debate, no doubt many of the 14 dissenters did not contribute to the discussion and express their objections. I can understand in the wider context that casual viewers of the site may be a little confused by the 'Arms.

The attitudes of those complainers (better term than "dissenters") are exactly what I was making a case against.

If you support a free society and right of free expression, you have a right not to suffer targeted abuse (actively offended), but you do not have a right of sensorship so that you do not accidentally come across something that may offend you (passively offended). And you should definitely not take offence at something presented as part of historical fact - go see a psychiatrist.

I've received messages from 14 separate members about the content in this thread.
The forums I have visited that have a 'Miscellaneous' sub forum also have strict rules about what cannot be discussed in them, here is an actual list from one of them :-
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Sexual orientation
  • Subjects that could be harmful to other users
They are the kind of topics that are likely to cause a real fight in any real Hummy Arms.

From one, ( Yes only one), of the 14

'Censorship' (better spelling than sensorship ;))
That's an oops.

So we can't discuss what we want (however the conversation develops) because somebody else (not involved in the conversation) might not be on the same political/religious/sexual orientation page. Poor them.

Back to the word games lads, but with a restricted lexicon.

Last edited:
The forums I have visited that have a 'Miscellaneous' sub forum also have strict rules about what cannot be discussed in them, here is an actual list from one of them :-
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Sexual orientation
  • Subjects that could be harmful to other users

I awoke this Sunday morning feeling happy and gay*, conservatively liberal with an orthodox Christian view of the world until I saw the news, which put me in a black mood.
I couldn't express my feelings in print as I felt it would upset someone.

* No chaps, not two of the dwarves!

Disclaimer: the comments above are not designed to offend anyone, just musing like.

Back