a place for general chat

I felt it would upset someone
Everything always upsets somebody.
But it seems some class of people being offended counts more than some other class of people being offended.

This all leaves a rather bad taste with me, but it seems that's OK as long as some other people don't have to address the reasons for their particular sensitivities. Which was the point.

Ok, last one from me on this subject.

5533 members, 6/8 active on the 'Arms, 14 complainers. Draw whatever conclusion you want.

Ok, last one from me on this subject.

5533 members, 6/8 active on the 'Arms, 14 complainers. Draw whatever conclusion you want.
We don't know the views of 5500+ members so they can't be claimed by either side, we do know the views of the 6/8 group and the 14 group, as pointed out above it's supposed to be one member = one vote, so I'll leave it to the members to do the maths.

EDIT - Some, (but not all of Trev's posts have been removed from this thread, this was not done at my request and although I can see the logic behind this, it does make it difficult explain the remaining posts.

Here is Trev's original #31 post

31.jpg

Trev : was it a group of 14 or a group of one 14 times.

The reason I added (yes only one) to a previous post was to answer that very question, unlike some users of this site I have only ever had one logon name, it has never changed either. Another 'voting' paralell that can be brought forward is that of the 'secret ballot', I don't know any of the other 13 and have had no contact with any if them, however if af123 has been contacted by them, then they exist

Last edited:
I've never found the need for more than one login at the same time, but it's not difficult to see how they could be used, possibly to push up your 'like' count, maybe to agree with some point you have made or ask you to elaborate on some topic or other

Sorry to bring the subject up again. I was unable to comment earlier - complete computer failure!
I do find it rather ironic (and disappointing) that a thread robustly discussing censorship is...censored. I may not have agreed with BH's views, but would defend his right to hold and express those views. But if them's the rules, then OK.
The Doctor can now have a lesbian fling with Bill Potts! They could do it in a 3D episode with a binaural soundtrack. Have I overstepped the mark?;)
Probably.

But if them's the rules, then OK.
Even rules that get made up and applied retrospectively?

As to multiple logins, you can probe as much as you like so far as I'm concerned. Yes, I created multiple logins playing a game to claim ordinal member numbers; no I have not used them to boost my "like" count. Sour grapes, and only brought up to try to deflect criticism.

But why get all whiny about these things anyway? Some old farts are in the local snug having a conversation you don't like the content of very much. Do you:

A: Go find a conversation you prefer;
B: Invade their space to break up their evening.

"I feel excluded from your fun so I'm going to spoil it for you" - that's really grown-up (not).

Last edited:
China's governmental Internet censors are now blocking all references to and images of Winnie the Pooh, because it's/he's being used as a proxy reference to the Chinese leader in an attempt to wiggle through the censorship.

So they'll have to find another one... and then another - but it all adds up to the same thing.

As to multiple logins, you can probe as much as you like so far as I'm concerned. Yes, I created multiple logins playing a game to claim ordinal member numbers; no I have not used them to boost my "like" count. Sour grapes, and only brought up to try to deflect criticism.
I didn't 'bring up' multiple logins, Trev did, when he accused me of doing what you have admitted to doing - maybe that is why you refer to yourself as 'We' in your posts

Last edited:
Some old farts are in the local snug having a conversation you don't like the content of very much. Do you:

A: Go find a conversation you prefer;
B: Invade their space to break up their evening.
C: Find another pub.
OK, if there is only one local pub you might have a problem.

Back