AdBreaker

I don't record M2TS, no idea why they thought I do
If your recordings came from the HDR-FOX, they are M2TS even though given the .TS extension. That's just something the HDR-FOX (and other Humax machines) does.

You can convert M2TS to plain TS using ffmpeg, but the HDR-FOX won't treat TS the same as its native recordings. They'll need to be M2TS if you want sidecar file support (which includes using a programme title in the media list, instead of a naked file name with no thumbnails).

The AdBreaker people believe you are using M2TS - have you supplied them with a sample? Were you to record by grabbing the plain DVB data stream from a tuner dongle or the HomeRun (for example), it would indeed be TS.

With that explanation, I suggest you decide how you want to answer the questions yourself! However, you might like to explain to them that the Humax HDR-FOX (in particular) records to M2TS, and it shouldn't be too difficult for them to support M2TS (it's only a different length of header in the container streams).

Last edited:
Oh yeah, new version 107 out, promises to fix the split recording problem.

This from their website:
  1. Fixed bug where HDHomeRun/DvrOnTime split recordings were not joined.
  2. On screen notification when split recording is detected.
  3. On screen notification of destination folder at start up.
  4. M2TS recordings now treated the same as TS recordings, originals are deleted.
  5. Fixed bug where recordings were occasionally processed while still in progress.
  6. Improved response when recording finishes (down to five seconds from thirty).
  7. Processes any recording that is renamed, moved or copied into watched folders.
  8. Added simple command line options for watch folder and destination folder that will override the registry settings. Can also be used from shortcuts.
  9. Eg: "C:\Program Files\ABUK\AdBreaker.UK\AdBreakLOADER.exe" C:\MyNewVids D:\MyCutVids
  10. NB: No additional quotation marks allowed, and no spaces are allowed in folder names.

Just has this email from Adbreaker. I don't record M2TS, no idea why they thought I do, but can anyone answer the questions?
They make have confused you with me as I was previously having a dialogue with them about M2TS files and them not being deleted etc. On the basis of the results I'm seeing I'm not too bothered if they can't be reinstated as I don't see a need to ever reinstate them...!

I cannot seem to find this Adbreaker site. I've tried Google, Duck Duck Go and Yahoo. Not one picks it up.

Searching for both AdBreaker.UK and AdBreaker.co.uk, no-joy. Can anyone help with a link please?

Typical post this and then see its already linked in the signature of the OP. Sorry to waste your time.

I've tried Google, Duck Duck Go and Yahoo. Not one picks it up.
I believe Duck Duck Go merely amalgamates searches from other search engines. You can't trust any of them to be unbiased, what used to be called Search Engine Optimisation is now "pay us or you won't get listed".

Just to say that I've noticed that V107 produces a TS file as output from a M2TS input file.
I only noticed as I use the HDRFOX-T2 download function to transfer the files from the UK to Spain when I'm there and my usual trick of creating sidecar files to enable the download failed with the wrong video packet size. The work-around was to rename the file with a MP4 extension on the HDRFOX-T2 and then the download function works OK and the file is perfectly playable using VLC on the local PC in Spain.

Just to say that I've noticed that V107 produces a TS file as output from a M2TS input file.
I only noticed as I use the HDRFOX-T2 download function to transfer the files from the UK to Spain when I'm there and my usual trick of creating sidecar files to enable the download failed with the wrong video packet size. The work-around was to rename the file with a MP4 extension on the HDRFOX-T2 and then the download function works OK and the file is perfectly playable using VLC on the local PC in Spain.
It would be nice if it produced the same output format as the input or gave you an option to choose output format

That's the implication of the quote in post 40.
I must admit that I read it differently assuming that the m2ts file would be processed as such and output as a cropped m2ts file but as you say it implies that the m2ts file would be converted to ts either before or during advert removal and any restoration of the input file would be as a ts file.

Post 40 states " AdBreaker does not delete the original M2TS file because it is unable to reinstate it if there is a problem. If asked to reinstate, AdBreaker will produce a TS file."

The release notes for V107, note 4 says "M2TS recordings now treated the same as TS recordings, originals are deleted."

However, once the crop has completed and the original deleted, if the user wants to recover the original uncropped file in ts format there doesn't seem to be a mechanism to achieve this from within AdBreaker. There is no command input available in the AdBreaker window and no documented way to do it from a separate command window as there is to change the input and output folders.

I'll email them asking the above question and report back if I get an answer.

if the user wants to recover the original uncropped file in ts format there doesn't seem to be a mechanism to achieve this from within AdBreaker. There is no command input available in the AdBreaker window and no documented way to do it from a separate command window as there is to change the input and output folders.
I wanted to do that, too. I asked and they said they are still writing the book!

So, what you need is the CUT file, the NFO file and the ADS file, all in the same directory, in the watched area. If you don't have them all, it's not gonna happen.
Then you change the name of the CUT file by replacing the three letters 'CUT' with 'BAD', and sit back...

You end up with an UNCUT file which is the original

Last edited:
I wanted to do that, too. I asked and they said they are still writing the book!

So, what you need is the CUT file, the NFO file and the ADS file, all in the same directory, in the watched area. If you don't have them all, it's not gonna happen.
Then you change the name of the CUT file by replacing the three letters 'CUT' with 'BAD', and sit back...

You end up with an UNCUT file which is the original
I suppose it keeps things simple but hardly intuitive. I still think that an option to keep the input file, either by renaming it so it doesn't try to process it again or by moving to the output folder along with the CUT version (if the input and output folders are on the same drive there will be minimal processing involved in the rename or move). I've emailed them to suggest that it could be done as a registry entry setting it via a separate command line window the same way the the input and output folders can be changed. I'm thinking of the situation where you get round to viewing the CUT version some time after it was created and find that the CUT process has removed part of the program you want to watch and then finding that the NFO and ADS files are no longer available to reconstitute the original.

I logged on to the pc running abreaker yesterday and saw a message that my trial period was up and it had opened a tab in chrome with a link to pay via paypal. T cut a long story short, the link wouldn't work and I got all sorts of strange error messages in the adbreaker terminal window. What I had to do was copy the url and use on a different machine and it was fine and a couple of minutes later adbreaker was processing files again.

Just ;posting in case someone else has the same problem.

Adbreaker are aware of the issue

I presume no one has had virus issues/concerns using this app - Edge did not like it and the web site is almost too basic looking - just puts a few red flags in my head ?!

I had trouble downloading with Edge. Apparently AdBreaker is too new for Edge to be comfy with it. Firefox was happy though, and so am I. I have had no trouble with viruses. It just does what it you expect of it. The only catch is having to pay to continue after the free trial ends ;-) But I was happy to do that too.

Back