AdBreaker

Seems alright to me on version 107. You can always send them a log if it freaks out - that's what I do.

I delete the title from the log so they can't tell what I watched, but they get mad if you delete the channel info.

How are finding the join split film process? It's very hit and miss for me
I asked them about joining split films when one failed for me. They said:-

Split films are joined automatically:
  1. When the titles are identical.
  2. When the titles are identical except for the inclusion of " 1 " in the title.
  3. (annotated by Black Cloud for clarity: there must be spaces either side of the 1)
Split films can be joined manually:
  1. Joining will fail where the date is included in the titles AND the first section starts before midnight AND the second section starts after midnight, unless the dates are made identical or removed before processing.
  2. Joining will fail where the time is included in the titles, unless the times are made identical or removed before processing.

Last edited:

2. When the titles are identical except for the inclusion of " 1 " in the title.
  1. Joining will fail where the date is included in the titles AND the first section starts before midnight AND the second section starts after midnight, unless the dates are made identical or removed before processing.
  2. Joining will fail where the time is included in the titles, unless the times are made identical or removed before processing.
Useful information, thank you

Just had this email

Just a note to let you know that a new version of AdBreaker has been released today.

Version 110 with major improvements:

Enhanced Promotion Detector - a new detection system for long and short promotions
Support added for Topfield REC files
Metadata added to output files to reflect source metadata
Bug fixed when reinstating to certain filenames

Just had this email
Me too, so I thought I would try it on two favourite music doccos where version 107 hadn't quite excelled.

Two hours of Johnny Cash from Sky Arts had long promotions left in most breaks. They are gone!!! Actually knocked TEN minutes off the running time.:doublethumbsup:
Two hours of Adele from Channel 5 had "Breaverbrooks sponsors Christmas on 5" in every break. They are gone, too!!!👍

BTW, must be cos I'm blonde, but I only just realised that where the screen says stuff like this
Code:
Part 2        13:02        19:09        6:06        16:01
that the last figure (16:01) is the time to go to in the CUT file to get a quick view of what's left of the break, if anything.

Thanks @Black Cloud I just stumbled upon your initial post about AdBreaker and thought I'd give it a go. So far the results have been way better than I expected.
Has anyone tried inviting a representative of AdBreaker to join this forum so they can answer people's questions directly?

I have a split film

Surrogates_20210523_2100.ts
Surrogates_20210523_2200.ts

To get AdBreaker to join them I'd have to rename them to

Surrogates1.ts
Surrogates2.ts

Is that correct?

I have a split film

Surrogates_20210523_2100.ts
Surrogates_20210523_2200.ts

To get AdBreaker to join them I'd have to rename them to

Surrogates1.ts
Surrogates2.ts

Is that correct?
Nearly, but not quite. You can include the date, but not the time, and the 1 has to be surrounded by spaces - they should have made that clearer!
Try Surrogates 20210523.ts and Surrogates 1 20210523.ts. Keep the date because you need something after the space that follows the 1 because Windows will remove any trailing space when you change the filename.

Nearly, but not quite. You can include the date, but not the time, and the 1 has to be surrounded by spaces - they should have made that clearer!
Try Surrogates 20210523.ts and Surrogates 1 20210523.ts. Keep the date because you need something after the space that follows the 1 because Windows will remove any trailing space when you change the filename.
Brilliant, that got it.

Thanks for your help

One peculiarity I've noticed.

If you copy Surrogates 20210523.ts and Surrogates 1 20210523.ts both together and windows decides to copy Surrogates 1 20210523.ts first, the film doesn't get joined

Sure I've seen it work both ways round. I often don't start AdBreaker till after both halves are recorded, so they usually get processed in reverse order when that happens, but they still get joined up correctly as it finishes the second set of processing. Or maybe it's a bug?

Strange, I've seen it happen twice now. Next split film I get, I'll copy the second half first and then the first and see what happens.

The new version is a huge improvement

I have asked them to consider adding Kodi style split Movie naming, as thats what I use for DVROntime recordings, i.e:-

Movie title (year).part1.m2ts
Movie title (year).part2.m2ts

I think I ticked the option in DVROnTime when I first evaluated it as coming from a Humax background I was aware it's files were actually M2TS as Black hole already pointed out.
Jt would be more useful if DVRonTime created recordings in m2ts format but with a .ts file extension so they could be played via the humax without the need for renaming first.

I think I ticked the option in DVROnTime when I first evaluated it as coming from a Humax background I was aware it's files were actually M2TS as Black hole already pointed out.
Yes I know what the file format is, I was just wondering why you chose it

Back