Amusing Items

I'm due to get a text message with a hyperlink to somewhere that enters some readings directly into my notes. Unless told otherwise I'll pick the best of an odd number to enter.
I've had these, and the first time I couldn't be bothered with entering them every day, so wrote them down. But the system expects you to enter them every day, and won't accept a table of entries.

That's effectively what I've been told to do at home. But why an odd number of readings?

I'm due to get a text message with a hyperlink to somewhere that enters some readings directly into my notes. Unless told otherwise I'll pick the best of an odd number to enter.
Easy to do if that odd number is 1

Not a medical one. Lowest is my understanding of what best means in this case.
By that rule 100/60 is better than 120/80, but not all reading samples are as straight forward as that.

E.g. Comparing 120/60 to 110/70 does the systolic or the diastolic take precedence, or are these two reading equally preferable.

E.g. As a reading of 90/60 is generally considered getting on the low side is 90/60 still best compared to 100/60?

At the annual review, our surgery issues me with a BP monitor and readings are taken morning and evenings for seven days. I note the results and hand them in and await the verdict.

By that rule 100/60 is better than 120/80, but not all reading samples are as straight forward as that.
I oversimplified the reply. My BP has never fallen to 110/?. I apply a bit of common sense to "lowest" based on:
www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/lifestyle/what-is-blood-pressure/ said:
As a general guide:

ideal blood pressure is considered to be between 90/60mmHg and 120/80mmHg
high blood pressure is considered to be 140/90mmHg or higher
low blood pressure is considered to be below 90/60mmHg
I was also told anything over 170/? needs immediate treatment - hence my current set of blood tests and new additional medication. ( Now down to between ideal and high).

I usually take "best" or "lowest" to be the lowest systolic, then the lowest diastolic if systolics are the same. And panic stations if anything is much too high (or low).
At the annual review, our surgery issues me with a BP monitor and readings are taken morning and evenings for seven days. I note the results and hand them in and await the verdict.
When I was diagnosed with hypertension (3 years ago, but may well have had it much longer) I was told to get a BP monitor and keep an eye on my BP. I'm probably measuring too often, but it caught the recent peak.

I reckon your HDR has an independent sense of taste!

..., especially as a friend (with an HDR-FOX) is a regular viewer of GB News / TalkTV with no complaint.
:rolling: Totally agree with your first sentence.
Can't understand people who think these channels are accurately reporting the news. Takes all sorts!

Yeah, they have "experts" on, spouting all manner piffle which is just taken as fact without any kind of cross examination nor references cited.

Back