Amusing Items

I would have thought so. It's the day that belongs to the new year, so is a possessive and requires an apostrophe.

But see post #56 ref phrases being used as a noun.

Did you mean EEPhil's or the bus company's? :eek:
Well spotted. Both, but it is becoming common usage to omit apostrophes when the phrase in question is adopted as a noun (particularly place names). That excuses the bus company, but not EEPhil! AvP.
Oh bgr!
I thought about putting the apostophe in, but then fell into the trap of reading the complained about bus post. :oops: But, this isn't AvP, it is "amusing items". Only included here because I didn't think it fitted AvP or "interesting items".

How should you describe posts belonging to this thread? I am pretty sure "Amusing Item's posts" is wrong as is "Amusing Items' posts".

Spot on. If the 'owning' noun ends in an 's', be it singular or plural, you optionally omit the 's' after the apostrophe. Otherwise it looks silly (or should it be amusing?).

You are as bad as them. First sign of no one taking any notice, they throw in the towel. No bloody stamina to preserve the English language some people.

I see that IACGMOOH is bowing to these bloody climate change zealots. No log fire, no fireworks when someone is evicted. Shameful. I bet they even use rice-paper confetti.

I see that IACGMOOH is bowing to these bloody climate change zealots. No log fire, no fireworks when someone is evicted. Shameful. I bet they even use rice-paper confetti.
You cannot blame Greta for that one Trev, The Aussie government have put on the ban due to the recent bushfires.

Yes I can. Your explanation would possibly explain it, but not really, as it must be one of the most closely watched over area in the whole world. What with being a compact area surrounded by shedloads of people and all those CCTV cameras. A fire would have no chance.:eek: It's Greta's fault. Don't let the stupid angry child off the hook that easily.:roflmao:

Its a fact Trev. "In the wake of the Australian state of New South Wales’ ravaging bush fires, the state’s issued a blanket fire ban. " However there is no ban on fire blankets. As for Greta, anyone who loathes Trump as much as I do will have my full support.

It's "it's" not "its" as "it's" an abbreviated "it is". Just thought I'd play with it a bit.
Ah but when "its" is used as a possessive, it doesn't have an apostrophe. Strange. :frantic:

Perhaps we should avoid all this as the Apostrophe Support Society have announced they are giving up.
Nooooo!
Even though I got it wrong, we must preserve standards. You'll be asking everyone to pronounce "th" as "f" next. (insert missing tongue-in-cheek smiley)

The coffee at this cafe in Rugby probably won't give you much of a lift.
f3fc04633162ee3e9cd4e4283ab85734.jpg

Note the use of the word 'Batch' here, only really used in the Coventry / Rugby area, whatever word I use in translation will challenged by somebody so here are a few possibles :- cob, bap, bun, stottie etc.

Back