Assume v. Presume

I don't know nothing!
Not enough verbiage!
Try:
Donald Rumsfeld (DoD news briefing on February 12 2002) said:
Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones
I really know nothing after reading that!

But then the government recently capitalised the O in MOD too. It definitely used to be lower-case.
That confusion goes back to at least 1986. I have some reports from then where both MOD and MoD have been used.
I also have a letter from the Ministry inviting people to a meeting at MOD in 1987.

That confusion goes back to at least 1986. I have some reports from then where both MOD and MoD have been used.
I also have a letter from the Ministry inviting people to a meeting at MOD in 1987.
Due to lack of attention to standards.

Due to lack of attention to standards.
:roflmao:
The MoD used to require reports prepared to DRIC standards. WTF are DRIC* standards? At the time nobody told me. This was before Google. So I just used the format that everyone else used. Received no complaints. Have looked up DRIC standards just now and can only find them on American websites. :rolleyes:
* Defence Research Information Centre

Last edited:
News headline this morning:
Samsung Galaxy S8 Snubs Mobile World Congress Due To Stocked-On Note 7 Fiasco Issues

I read the short article that followed and still couldn't fathom what "Stocked-On" means.

And how can an inanimate object 'snub' anything?
One definition of snub(Google search): "an act of rebuffing or ignoring someone or something".
Perhaps a Galaxy S8 that ignores your presses and swipes is snubbing you? (Or is broken!)
How it could snub a congress is a different matter.

One definition of snub(Google search): "an act of rebuffing or ignoring someone or something".
Perhaps a Galaxy S8 that ignores your presses and swipes is snubbing you? (Or is broken!)
How it could snub a congress is a different matter.
Refuses to respond to Hi Google?

But does anyone MoT their car?

Back