Aura UHD android TV recorder November launch

The buffer file is fixed in size. All that changes is the pointer to where in the buffer file the latest start is located. That is how the instant record button works,
Then I can't understand why the pause button doesn't always respond instantly?

Minor improvement. To get subtitles you no longer have to press 5 buttons, just 3.

What counts as "intuitive behaviour" often depends on what the user has previously been used to and often differs for different people. A good example of that is Sky box users moving on who are forever moaning that their new non-Sky box does not work the same.
Some truth in that. However, someone said they long pressed the power button to force low powered standby. Does anyone press buttons on their TV or boxes any more? What are remotes supposed to be for?

There is also inconsistency in the way apps handle subtitles, skip, fast forward, etc.

I seem to remember that you were the great denier of the benefits of accurate recording when you joined this forum until some time later your box reset itself and suddenly accurate recording started working for you.
You are correct, I did have problems unique to myself which nobody was able to reproduce. However, there were also systematic problems from the broadcasters.

Some truth in that. However, someone said they long pressed the power button to force low powered standby. Does anyone press buttons on their TV or boxes any more? What are remotes supposed to be for?

There is also inconsistency in the way apps handle subtitles, skip, fast forward, etc.
Long press of power button to select low power standby works fine from the remote control.

I wouldn’t know, not using a Harmony remote. I use the excellent remote that is supplied with the aura.
So that remote can turn on my tv, box and amp at one press, and set all to the correct inputs? Not excellent enough?

However, I will try getting long press recorded as a separate command. I will report back.

If that doesn't work when it does on a Humax handset, you're putting the blame in the wrong place.
Possibly, but I am not sure putting commands on a remote which are unlearnable on another is a good design decision. However, I will investigate further.

It's an arms race: OEMs do what they want, and the second tier just have to catch up. There was a time when all commands were unlearnable. It is up to Logitech to provide the necessary update or download, or release a new model.

You could try getting into custom RC via JP1 (I was working on that before J got taken into care, and can point you in the right direction).

The long push is on the remote not the box. a short press puts the box in active sby (about 8W consumption), Long push brings up a dialogue with a OK icon selected. The box will go into long push sby when it can (less than 0,5W power consumption). I have a powered HDMI switch with a usb power lead that shows a green led on the selected input.). In full sby the led goes out. Boot from low power sby takes about 2 mins. From active to live TV is near instant.

The box has a red led in both sby modes. No green light means it's in full sby.

The long push is on the remote not the box. a short press puts the box in active sby (about 8W consumption), Long push brings up a dialogue with a OK icon selected. The box will go into long push sby when it can (less than 0,5W power consumption). I have a powered HDMI switch with a usb power lead that shows a green led on the selected input.). In full sby the led goes out. Boot from low power sby takes about 2 mins. From active to live TV is near instant.

The box has a red led in both sby modes. No green light means it's in full sby.
I can confirm that holding down power on the Harmony remote brings up the dialogue, which is a problem, since automation of shutdown will require sending a sequence, deep standby followed by a confirmational OK. So far, I haven't even got the long power press to register as a command.

And whether a long press on the Humax remote works hit and miss. Sometimes I just get an ordinary standby, others, Android does a full boot, lasting maybe 45 seconds.

Ah well, life is too short for this, a schedule as on the BT Youview box would have been better than this faff, ie, deep sleep over a certain period, say at night.

I have never understood why some people are so lazy that they require one remote control to try to replace several others. What is wrong with using more than one remote control? :rolleyes:

I have never understood why some people are so lazy that they require one remote control to try to replace several others. What is wrong with using more than one remote control? :rolleyes:
I don't have a problem with multiple remotes but my technophobic partner gets rather confused and much prefers a single remote setup.

Last edited:
I can confirm that holding down power on the Harmony remote brings up the dialogue, which is a problem, since automation of shutdown will require sending a sequence, deep standby followed by a confirmational OK. So far, I haven't even got the long power press to register as a command.

And whether a long press on the Humax remote works hit and miss. Sometimes I just get an ordinary standby, others, Android does a full boot, lasting maybe 45 seconds.

Ah well, life is too short for this, a schedule as on the BT Youview box would have been better than this faff, ie, deep sleep over a certain period, say at night.

It's been a while since I set up a Harmony. From memory in the activity you could increase the time required required for the box to respond.

Didn't I read that Harmony are going to pack up.

I only have room on the armrest of my captain's chair for one remote control. The 15 or so native remote controls I have woud keep falling off. :)

I only have room on the armrest of my captain's chair for one remote control. The 15 or so native remote controls I have woud keep falling off. :)
That's a very poor excuse, remote controls do not belong on an armrest. :rolleyes:

Back