Code:
{Info Display Time} {
        table MENUCONFIG
        field INFO_DISPLAY_TIME
        type Value    
        gui {int 1000 10000 5000}
}
Thanks for this.

The Humax settings allow you to set the Info Display Time to "Off". Is that simply an int value of 0?

Edit: I realised the values can be seen in the webif database viewer and the answer is yes, Off = 0. The Humax also allows up to 20s display time so I changed the gui line in the above code to the following:
Code:
gui {int 0 20000 5000}

Last edited:
A minor feature suggestion: could muted (yes/no) be added? I know the volume can be set to 0 but muted would be handy, though no big deal :) Thanks

I powered the box on this morning and found myself presented with the first time installation wizard. No idea why.

I completed the wizard and channel scan and restored Sun nights automatic backup of my scheduled recordings and favourites list. About 5 reboots were completed afterwards to allow tune fix to do it's stuff + disk check done (no errors). I proceeded to check the various Webif settings were still intact.

I noticed the names of all favourite groups were missing from the boot-settings package. I re-saved my favourite list from the box's setup menu and the groups were thereafter available to the boot-settings package.

Could there be a file or DB entry that's required by the boot-settings package, which is not created when restoring from scheduled backups

This may or may not be related, but whenever I change the names of the favourite groups, the previous names always seem to get re-stated the following day - even if I take a backup immediately after changing and even if I power cycle the box. I haven't done a rigourous investigation though, as it's not something that's critical to me.

I powered the box on this morning and found myself presented with the first time installation wizard. No idea why.

This seems to be rare but is known to happen, for no known reason.

No idea why. But this has happened at least a dozen times in the past few months on my 1TB HDR.

It is annoying as after each wizard installation all adult channels are present and unlocked. I have my TVs locked down and adult freeview channel (600-700 range) are deleted or locked preventing my children viewing them. However on the HDR-Fox retunes or OTA updates automatically reinstall these channels without locks.

(One of the reasons I installed the custom firmware (CF) in the box was to prevent these channels being accessed after random rescans or 'OTA' updates as they cause a box reset and as a parent I had no control on what channels are available after such a forced and unrequested 'upgrade' to my system .)

Tunefix was great for deleting these channels after a forced retune but I wondered if it caused the ' first time installation wizard' problem. I uninstalled that but the problem persists.

Terrahawk do you use remote scheduling?

Is there any way to find out what time the wizard was triggered at or the last time the previous configuration was available.

Crash logs says no recent crashes.

Last edited:
I have had this happen twice this year but cannot find out why. There does not seem to be any consistency in it happening. Tunefix soon deletes the channels I don't want and gets everything back to how it was so no big problem really.
I just have to re set all the other settings like the padding for recordings and the audio to stereo not multi channel so the humax remote actually change the volume.

And I have never had it happen. I also use tunefix, so it's unlikely to be that, but I don't use RS.
Have you checked out the HDD?

...adult freeview channel (600-700 range) are deleted or locked preventing my children viewing them.
They wouldn't be able to view them anyway - these are Freeview hooks to MHEG services via Internet, which the HDR-FOX can't render and usually ends up crashing.

Terrahawk do you use remote scheduling?
I use RS occasionally, I haven't had an installation wizard (on any of three machines) for years, and never had one at all on another machine that is hardly ever connected to Internet.

I just have to re set all the other settings like the padding for recordings and the audio to stereo not multi channel so the humax remote actually change the volume.
IIRC these can be set in 'boot settings'

Edit: Just checked and, yes, they are available in 'boot settings'

Last edited:
Within the setup database (/var/lib/humaxtv/setup.db) there is is a field in in the TBL_USERCONFIG table called WIZARD_CMPLTD.

I wonder if the humax uses this flag to control when to invoke the installation wizard and whether like other boot settings it occasionally gets reset.
I haven't played with tweaking the setting myself to see if does provoke the install wizard.

My thought was whether it could be added to the Boot-settings list or whether boot-settings runs to late in start up to prevent the wizard running

My thought was whether it could be added to the Boot-settings list
It could. Probably something like this (I haven't tested it!) needs adding to /mod/webif/plugin/boot-settings/schema.jim:
Jim Code:
{Wizard Complete} {
        table USERCONFIG
        field WIZARD_CMPLTD
        type Value
        gui boolean    
}
or whether boot-settings runs to late in start up to prevent the wizard running
Fairly obviously, it is going to run early, before the main Humax software starts.

I have had this happen twice this year but cannot find out why.
I've long suspected that this is caused by corruption in the flash JFFS filesystem. Since I reformatted mine using the system flush firmware file I have not had any incidents, whereas before I had one every 3-4 months.

No idea why. But this has happened at least a dozen times in the past few months on my 1TB HDR.

It is annoying as after each wizard installation all adult channels are present and unlocked. I have my TVs locked down and adult freeview channel (600-700 range) are deleted or locked preventing my children viewing them. However on the HDR-Fox retunes or OTA updates automatically reinstall these channels without locks.

(One of the reasons I installed the custom firmware (CF) in the box was to prevent these channels being accessed after random rescans or 'OTA' updates as they cause a box reset and as a parent I had no control on what channels are available after such a forced and unrequested 'upgrade' to my system .)

They wouldn't be able to view them anyway - these are Freeview hooks to MHEG services via Internet, which the HDR-FOX can't render and usually ends up crashing.

Sorry BH, I know you don't like to argue, but you may be incorrect.

After yet another wizard reinstall all channels / lcns were reinstalled and there are Adult channels available on the HDR that are accessible, unlocked, and innapropriate for some viewers. eg Lcn 673 adult smiletv3 which the HDR Fox displays without problems .

Wizard resets and OTA rescans are bothersome as these channels are reinstalled.

Problem seems to be on startup. I have tried flushing reinstalling firmware. I removed rs package and had no wizard resets then reinstalled rs and at weekend I had another re-scan / wizard installation.

My HDR is WiFi connected (so not always connected) I use a scheduled powering on and off when HDR normally wakes up to check for updates. It seems to be at these wake up times that problems occur.

Last edited:
Could someone help me with some steps to try for this ^? I got it about a month ago at the same time as I replaced my Harmony remote which confused me no end. It happened a few times.

I reinstalled the CF and it was OK for a while. Its now back and has happened 3-4 this week.

AF mentioned possible flash area issues. What’s the prognosis if this is the case? Are we talking a corruption which could be resolved or dying hardware? I like my HDR (particularly with the awesome CF) so would like to try a repair even its hardware related. Disk diagnostics look fine FWIW.

How would I try the “flush” mentioned above? Any other diagnostics worth checking?

Thanks
Stuart

Back