Car tax

As IE was for a long time the de facto browser, I would have thought that the forum software would have been fully compatible with that. It works OK on my 32 bit machine.:dance::rolling::mad::dance: which I am using now.

It seems to be 64 bit that is the problem. Isn't there also a 32 bit version of IE installed on Windows machines with 64 bit software?

My IE on 64bit W8.1 displays the toolbar. No idea if it is 32 or 64 bit though. How do you find out? Both were available on W7. Now I only see one. But I rarely use it so it hardly matters.

I know IE was based on code from the original browser Mosaic, but that doesn't mean it is wise to use it now.

Does not right-clicking on the browser header show you which toolbars are ticked to be displayed? :confused:

We're not talking about the browser toolbar - it is the display of the toolbar in the forum post editor that is under discussion.

The versions of IE that I have on my 64bit and 32bit machines is identical.
Mike0001 said:
But it only seems to be you having the problem
I assume that it's a setting in my IE or computer, that's why I'm banging on about it in the hope that someone might tell me which one.

The top of the reply window is shaded yellow if that's a clue?
Edited to repair quote

Last edited:
BB codes are now under 'Help' in the 'Quick Navigation Menu' accessed by selecting the oblique arrow on the right of the screen.

Is it possible that JavaScript is switched off, or would that corrupt the whole forum?

Edit: Tried it in Chrome, and the toolbar vanishes. Eureka!

So, how do you turn Javascript back on in IE? Add hummy.tv to Trusted Sites?

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed but it shows that the toolbar does not need JS.
It (maybe) shows that the toolbar in IE9 does not need Javascript, but it does need it in Chrome 37?

Why does the Use Rich Text Editor link just say javascript:?

Coo! Just seen this page in IE. What a lot of junk and noise there is compared with Chrome! I hate adverts and social links.

BH said:
Do you have a note under the edit window which says "Use Rich Text Editor"?
No, just the three Post Reply etc. buttons. But that's all I see on my 32bit on which I see the toolbar. I do have all kinds of s*** to do with twitbook etc.
Mike said:
So, how do you turn Javascript back on in IE? Add hummy.tv to Trusted Sites
You can't do that. It will only accept HTTPS URLs

Back