[CFW 3.00] Customised Firmware version 3.00 released.

Me too.. with smb. I reckon that's the only not-too-common package I have installed. Could be a factor if that is freaking out at boot..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

af123's theory is more likely. If it is a package problem, it is either a package in flash, or one that kicks in early as the freezing of the units was very quick after boot up.

Yes it is WiFi related. I got my test machine out and installed 1.03.12/ CFW 3.00, with a dongle plugged in. It hanged like before. I turned off (rear switch), disconnected the dongle and rebooted. The unit booted up fine; no problems. I plugged the dongle back in and it froze again. I have now temporarily connected to the network using an ethernet WiFi bridge and it is running fine.

I've been running this on 7 different HDRs for 6 weeks without issues so was confident to release it, but it seems something is going wrong for a few of you!
ChrisDaniels mentions wifi - is everyone who is having trouble using wireless? Is anyone who is fine using it?

All seems fine here af, I had to do a channel retune and re programme my recordings.

No lock ups or freezing, so far. I was on CFW 1.03.12_2.23_mod and did a standard install of CFW 1.03.12_3.00_mod

neuty

Yes it is WiFi related. I got my test machine out and installed 1.03.12/ CFW 3.00, with a dongle plugged in. It hanged like before. I turned off (rear switch), disconnected the dongle and rebooted. The unit booted up fine; no problems. I plugged the dongle back in and it froze again. I have now temporarily connected to the network using an ethernet WiFi bridge and it is running fine.

Removal of the dongle worked for me too, but unfortunately I can't get a cable to the box so rely on wireless.

I don't use Wifi on any of my HDRs. Update no issues. I know I have said this before, but that was before the the potential problem with WiFi reared it's head.

Confirmed here too. Plugging in a wireless dongle causes it to crash.
I've suspended the downloads for now and will work on a fix this evening.
The Downloads for the HD model are fine and still available.

prepare-for-upgrade is not required for version 3 but does no harm.

Noticed this yesterday when installing on a factory reset humax. I didn't mention it as I assumed it was just my humax as it currently giving me grief on a different issue. Removing the wifi dongle allows it to boot ok.

Enjoyed 5 seconds before screen locked - audio fine. Only option was rear power switch. Back to 1.03.12/2.23. Waiting af123 investigation.

Flashed successfully to 1.03.12 mod 3.00

Connection to wifi working too.

Many thanks af

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone using wireless please try one of these new versions?
Are you going to change the CFW version number, or have you just changed the build number? Humax have done this before with 1.03.06 firmware, so there is a precedent.

Thanks for testing it - I've restored the download links on the Wiki and will remove those in the post above.
It's the same version number but a different build. This new one is build 2137 and the old one was 2130. The build number is visible in the web interface. If you have installed build 2130 there is no need to upgrade unless you use wireless.

@af123, I know that you say that if you don't use WiFi you don't need to 'update' from build 2130 to 2137, however, my OCD wants me too!

Is there any harm in doing so?

Back