[CFW 3.13] Customised Firmware v3.13 released.

I just tried to get to the Downloads2 link and although that works the firmware links give error 404. It looks like Tynemouth Computer Services are no longer hosting these files.

The file I need is HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.12_mod_3.13k.zip

Can anyone help please.

I just tried to get to the Downloads2 link and although that works the firmware links give error 404. It looks like Tynemouth Computer Services are no longer hosting these files.
No it isn't true that TCS are no longer hosting these files. It means that the index page which is not managed by TCS is pointing at a file which is not present.

No it hasn't, but if you can't find a specific file you can't just pick another file because it's name is almost the same

I've put version 3.13 on two previous boxes with no problems. I've just bought another, to be my 'new' spare, as I'm now using my 'old' spare, as my original box, which I bought refurbished and had for over 8 years has died. It was killed by a lightning strike hitting the nearest phone pole, frying the router, the Humax box (which was in standby and connected to the router via ethernet) and a BD player (which was off, but connected via ethernet). The main circuit breaker tripped and the plug fuses are intact so it seems the destructive pulse came down the phone line. Openreach have temporarily patched the line (lots of cable needing replaced) and a full cable replace will happen 'at some point'.
Anyway, getting to the point, I have attempted to install the custom FW (3.13) as before, and it states END on the box display and that the download is complete on the TV, but when I reboot it doesn't show CUSTOM FW 3.13 on the box display and I don't seem to be able to access it via the WebIF. Through Settings/System/SystemInfo on the box, it does state the Software version as FHTCP 1.03.13, same as the other box.
Any suggestions, or other info I can supply to track this down?

Not sure what prpr means by the 'standard firmware image'. I'm using the same one I downloaded some time ago and successfully installed on two previous boxes.
I may have made a mistake in the earlier description. The problem box is stating FHTCP 1.03.13, loader a7.31 and an update date of 04 Feb 21, whereas the working box has FHTCP 1.03.12, loader a7.34 and update 07 Feb 14. Is FHTCP the Humax firmware version? Most of what I've read about the custom firmware refers to 1.03.12. Has my problem box had a Humax firmware upgrade that the Custom FW won't work with, and is is possible to backtrack if that's the case?

Not sure what prpr means by the 'standard firmware image'. I'm using the same one I downloaded some time ago and successfully installed on two previous boxes.
If you've completed a firmware update but there's no sign of CF afterwards, it is overwhelmingly likely you have simply used a standard firmware for the update. There is no way to tell the difference between firmware images once they've been unpacked (all of them will be named "hdr_fox_t2_upgrade.hdf" (which is a pity, and the reason I keep them in a zip). You think you've used a CF image – go and check (the only reasonable way to tell is to compare the SHA1 hash strings).

Doh.
Apologies to all and thanks to prpr, who was correct, I had installed the standard (Humax) FW, which I didn't even think I had.
Downloaded 3.13 from here, installed, and in the process of setting up the WebIF, or maybe do that tomorrow.
It's been a long week, and I've also discovered that my TV now only has one working HDMI port (the one the Humax was connected to), thanks to the storm and lightning strike

There is no CF based on 1.03.13 - that's the giveaway. There is only CF 3.13 based on 1.03.12 - you effectively get 1.03.13 by installing the iplfix package.

HNY everyone,

at risk of being an nuisance and shot down for being an idiot.... My BT youviewbox that does 1080P had incredible picture quality....until late dec 2022 when it got a update that has halved it picture quality to much worse than 1080i - searching for a link to write and complain they messed up, I checked in on some old humax gear and got confused

HD FOX T2 and HDR FOX T2 both got an iplayer fix official update in Feb 2021 - but your pages it say 1.03.02 is last and no longer available?

Application version : KZTFT-1.03.03

and when I link to the naming convention of the last custom firmware I don't get it at all ?

but your pages it say 1.03.02 is last and no longer available?
The latest CF is 3.13, available based on 1.03.12 for HDR-FOX and 1.03.02 for HD-FOX. There's a good reason for that (and yes they are available to download, https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads2)...

HD FOX T2 and HDR FOX T2 both got an iplayer fix official update in Feb 2021
  1. HD-FOX "official" update for the iPlayer fix is broken (see below).

2. CF users do not need the fix, we have our own fix - see the iplfix package.
As of 29th September 2020, BBC iPlayer on the TV Portal stopped working due to expired certificates (HDR-FOX and HD-FOX). The YouTube app on the TV Portal has not been working for some time, due to YouTube's increasing demands on the client (see here for technical details https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/iplayer-stopped-working.9882/post-153888).

1.03.13 (HDR) / 1.03.03 (HD) restore iPlayer functionality, and were made available for download from the Humax website as of 20/03/2021. These firmwares update 1.03.12/1.03.02 with new certificates. It is no secret I regard this as remarkable, considering the length of time these models have been out of warranty. Humax first made a version of 1.03.12 available privately, with updated certificates, and this seemed to be satisfactory, but release of 1.03.13/1.03.03 has been accompanied by a new build of the executable which has proven unsatisfactory for HD-FOX: there are issues with the time it takes to change channel, and significant loss of synchronisation between sound and vision for many minutes (it catches up in the end)*. This does not appear to affect the HDR-FOX build 1.03.13.

However, all that noted, you need to be aware that iPlayer is not currently working, it causes a crash if you try to play anything. Even without that, the 'FOX is prone to crash when streaming because of its flakey networking stack. The advice is to use the qtube package to download content and then view it as a local media file.

thanks for the heads up - clear

can't see working link for last official on the HD FOX T2 ? (but as you say its no good anyway)

:)

Please be aware of my update to the above post:
However, all that noted, you need to be aware that iPlayer is not currently working, it causes a crash if you try to play anything. Even without that, the 'FOX is prone to crash when streaming because of its flakey networking stack. The advice is to use the qtube package to download content and then view it as a local media file.

can't see working link for last official on the HD FOX T2 ? (but as you say its no good anyway)
Oh, I see what you mean. When it comes to that, 1.03.13 isn't listed at all. If you really want them, you'll probably find them on the Humax website (or I'm sure they can be supplied here if needed).

Back