Channel 4 HD Leaving Freesat Thu 22 Feb 2018!

I wonder if it is just leaving Freesat but staying FTA on satellite and therefore we'd be able to add it as a non-Freesat channel.

I wonder if it is just leaving Freesat but staying FTA on satellite and therefore we'd be able to add it as a non-Freesat channel.
Interesting point but wouldn't that carry the same cost so no point if they're leaving in order to reduce costs?

Remind me again which limitations we have with non-Freesat channels? Am I correct in assuming that there's no EPG and hence, only possible to schedule manual recordings?

Interesting point but wouldn't that carry the same cost so no point if they're leaving in order to reduce costs?
They wouldn't have to pay for it to be on the Freesat EPG.
Will it go missing from Sky, I wonder? If not FTA sounds possible unless Sky encrypt the transmission.

Such a shame even if it stays on Freeview in HD. Content was broadcast at a very high bitrate, eg the movie "Win Win" 01 Feb 2018 01:55:

4769 kb/s on Freeview, 9589 kb/s on Freesat, twice as much!

At least according to this we'll still be able to get it in non-freesat mode
That's assuming it will stay in FTA, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
If so - how does that work with the custom firmware?
Is there any way to add a manual timed recording to a non-freesat channel via the web interface?
I will ask for some help from the experts whether it would be possible to record non-Freesat channels through an enhanced version of my Remote Scheduling port for Foxsat-HDR.

I will ask for some help from the experts whether it would be possible to record non-Freesat channels through an enhanced version of my Remote Scheduling port for Foxsat-HDR.

That would be great.
As you say - lets see what actually happens.
I guess it's just possible they'll do a last minute deal and it'll stay in freesat after all. We can hope...

If channel remains FTA.

G2 Humax box owners will be able to view but not record using non-freesat mode.

Foxsat-HDR owners can view and manually record in non-freesat mode.

Foxsat-HDR owners with the custom firmware and the associated channel editor can set manual recording timer reservations without having to switch to non- freesat mode.

I have set the following

BBC ONE HD 15:00 - 15:45 from Freesat Channel 106 and Non Freesat Channel 4 HD manual recording 15:05 - 16:00. Box back in sby will post what happens.

Non Freesat Channel 4HD currently has EPG data only for the next 36hrs ish, will it remain like that?

I don't think C4HD has left freesat yet (even though they said it would leave yesterday).
It's still showing in its usual Freesat slot - but the EPG only goes up to the end of today (friday).

So I suspect Sat is when it'll actually go - and we'll find out whether it's staying FTA.

Which box. It's gone from the epg on both my HDR-1000s and Foxsat-HDR. My Foxsat reported it's deletion during overnight housekeeping.

Back