Channel 4 HD Leaving Freesat Thu 22 Feb 2018!

That's because all 3 are low band vertical.
I know, but it still doesn't work.
If you set Bloomberg and Channel 4 HD on the box rather than using the webif do they then both record?
I thought you couldn't do that with imported non-Freesat channels but I tried. I can only schedule the first, I'm not allowed to schedule the second, the box says that there's a conflict.

If I manually do whatever the WebIf is doing to schedule a recording only the first of them records, the second one just produces an .hmt file.

It would be great if someone with two feeds instead of one looped feed could try this out.

I'll test more Sunday afternoon.

I know, but it still doesn't work.

I thought you couldn't do that with imported non-Freesat channels but I tried. I can only schedule the first, I'm not allowed to schedule the second, the box says that there's a conflict.

If I manually do whatever the WebIf is doing to schedule a recording only the first of them records, the second one just produces an .hmt file.

It would be great if someone with two feeds instead of one looped feed could try this out.

I'll test more Sunday afternoon.

I have two cables. I will try adding Bloomberg and see if I can record both.

Same results. If I try and record Channel 4 HD and the epg version of Bloomberg it works. If I try and do same for non-freesat version of same Bloomberg and Channel 4 HD it generates a clash. Both were added manually to the schedule using the box itself.

So I've got C4HD on 5001 via manual and have made it visible in freesat mode using the channel editor.
I can now watch it no problem and set manual recordings.

I don't seem to get any kind of programme information (whereas other non-freesat channels do).
Is that because I've told it to treat C4HD as a freesat channel so its looking for the full freesat EPG?

Also, I've noticed the recordings can't be converted by the convertfiles plug in
I get the following error: "Unable to get status from .hmt file. Cannot continue."

Not a big issue. Great that we can still view and record C4 in HD.
Let's hope they don't take it off FTA at any point.

So I've got C4HD on 5001 via manual and have made it visible in freesat mode using the channel editor.
I can now watch it no problem and set manual recordings.

I don't seem to get any kind of programme information (whereas other non-freesat channels do).
Is that because I've told it to treat C4HD as a freesat channel so its looking for the full freesat EPG?

Also, I've noticed the recordings can't be converted by the convertfiles plug in
I get the following error: "Unable to get status from .hmt file. Cannot continue."

Not a big issue. Great that we can still view and record C4 in HD.
Let's hope they don't take it off FTA at any point.

For some reason the now/next data you get in non-freesat mode doesn't seem to be available when using a non freesat channel moved to freesat mode. If you add a 2nd copy of Channel 4 HD to non freesat you will see the now/next data.

Easiest way to record is set a one off from the SD version and edit it to change the channel number to 5001 in your case. It will get what the name of what I guess is the last Freesat epg entry from Saturday 24 Feb 05:50-06:20. You can rename the recording after it has recorded.

Hi,

I have moved FTA onto Freesat. However, it gets removed from my favourite list every time the box resets/housekeeping. Is this correct?

Thanks.

Hi, as I am new to this forum, could one of you please let me know how I read up on/install the custom scheduler software on my Foxsat HDR. I watched Ch4 HD extensively (primarily for films) and enjoyed the Dolby Digital sound. I am pretty peeved that it's gone. I have already tuned CH4 HD on non-freesat mode and it's working, but I can only manually record the channel. I can't use the scheduler, which is a real pain, as most films are on very late. Am I right in saying that the scheduler firmware sits on top of the normal Humax firmware?

Thanks guys.

Hi,

I have moved FTA onto Freesat. However, it gets removed from my favourite list every time the box resets/housekeeping. Is this correct?

Thanks.

I don't tend to use Favourites much - but I've tried adding C4HD and will see what happens after housekeeping.

Think I will give up on my Foxsat and buy the freeview Fox HDR T2. Looks much better and no poor C4HD workaround.

With the custom firmware it actually doesn't seem to matter too much about C4HD not being on freesat.
And if the RS portal can be modified to set recordings for it then it'll be even easier.

Of course there is the risk they'll take C4HD off FTA satellite which would be a blow.
Otherwise I'm still very happy with the Foxsat

Thanks. Give it a try. I usally like favourites as I can order the traditional channels in the correct order. Really trying to keep things as simple for the missus, not me.
The custom firmware for the T2 sounds better than the foxsat CF. You can auto delete advert breaks! I don't think I would be loosing anything?

What you have to do is to tune CH4HD in non-Freesat mode, then if you have the custom firmware installed, you can then shift it into the Freesat EPG. You might have to do this twice to get the EPG on one of them, and then it's only now/next with only manual recording and no series record.
I expect GLT will be along in a mo and put you straight if I am wrong.

The custom firmware for the T2 sounds better than the foxsat CF. You can auto delete advert breaks! I don't think I would be loosing anything?
You know it makes sense. And you will get loads of support for it here as well.

Regarding C4HD EPG. I'm not getting now and then. I have set in CF one C4HD to freesat/visible and another C4HD to non-freesat/visible. Still no EPG. I even cleared all FTA channels and then a retune to no avail. I'm not to fussed at the moment, as i just need scheduled recordings.

Regarding C4HD EPG. I'm not getting now and then. I have set in CF one C4HD to freesat/visible and another C4HD to non-freesat/visible. Still no EPG. I even cleared all FTA channels and then a retune to no avail. I'm not to fussed at the moment, as i just need scheduled recordings.

You can only see now/next while in non-freesat mode. You can schedule a recording from 104 and edit the recording to change the channel number to whatever lcn the Channel 4 HD you moved to Freesat mode has. It will always have the same name (think it's the last entry in the epg made before it was removed. You can edit the name after it has recorded. If you select the blank epg in freesat and press info you can see the name it will get.

If you manually start a recording in non freesat mode it will get the now entry as a name when you push the record button.

Thanks. Give it a try. I usally like favourites as I can order the traditional channels in the correct order. Really trying to keep things as simple for the missus, not me.

There is one major advantage, thanks to the way the box works you can decrypt existing recordings. On a Foxsat you can only prevent future ones from being encrypted.

There is one major advantage, thanks to the way the box works you can decrypt existing recordings. On a Foxsat you can only prevent future ones from being encrypted.

True - but that doesn't matter with the Foxsat as long as you install the patch straight away.
In fact I prefer the way it works on the Foxsat that recording are never encrypted.
As I understand it, on the T2 recordings are initially encrypted but then get unencrypted.

For scheduling C4HD I've just been using the web interface to add a manual event which is pretty easy (and you can enter the name which is an advantage).
The only downside with that is that the webif won't let you schedule a recording for C4HD if you've got another event even if they're on the same transponder so then you have to do it on the box which is cumbersome.
Does anyone know if there's a way to override it? Would be great if it warned you but let you go ahead anyway if you know the recordings are compatible.

Back