Coronavirus Lockdown Chat

Really old Countdown today (but still Nick Hewer) - a very young looking Martin Lewis as guest, and Rachel has a high-pitched squeaky voice (sounds like laryngitis).

Last edited:
I only found out recently he's married to Lara Lewington (the long blonde on Click... but I fancy Jen Copestake).

I only found out recently he's married to Lara Lewington (the long blonde on Click... but I fancy Jen Copestake).
Old news. Try to keep up :D .
Then my question would be who's Jen Copestake? I've googled and am non-the-wiser. Perhaps because I rarely watch Click. (I refer myself to my second sentence!)

I have no idea who Jen Copestake is (other than her appearances on Click), but I think she's cute and has an attractive soft American accent (somebody better travelled might be able to say what state).

I know many things are online now, but I've never come across an internet connected toilet - until now.
At the time of writing the BBC website (and the red button text service) have a story Author Neil Gaiman's 11,000-mile lockdown trip to Scottish isle which has the paragraph:
BBC said:
He wrote on his online bog: "Hullo from Scotland, where I am in rural lockdown on my own."

An author writing on the toilet, what next? A journalist using a spell checker?

About The Archers:
Is it? I know they've been broadcasting 5 per week instead of 6 per week. so Easter slipped back a few days, but I would have thought radio was easier to do than telly.
In the new Radio Times (23-29 May) there is an article about the Archers. The BBC have decided to do new episodes recorded "down the line" and covering the new situation. It looks as though the actors have had to soundproof their own rooms as best they can and record when the boiler isn't switching on/off and aeroplanes are flying over.

On last week's Graham Norton; Mark Ruffalo's lockdown sound studio was an hotel room for fast internet with pillows and comforter for sound deadening.

My understanding is that the hospitality sector includes pubs and restaurants. Therefore it is sad to see that one of our aging law makers seems to miss the point.
From BBC's red-button text:
hospitality.gif
How's that going to work? Eat my dinner or drink my beer through a face mask? :disagree:

I think the hospitality that they must be talking about involves cowgirls and doggies as it obviously doesn't include eating or drinking as already pointed out. :frantic:

I must admit to having some sympathy for the government in trying to implement rules or advice after seeing the Lulworth Cove debacle. Safe/social distancing is a joke to many people. Plus the fires in Lancashire, large quantities of litter discarded in beauty spots and the ridiculously long queues to the Macdonald's drive thru', all reported today.:(:mad:

It's even more confusing now. As of today it is (supposedly) illegal for someone from another household to enter your house. Both you and the other person have broken the law. Is this advice or law? Until I can find an Act of Parliament (or Statutory Instrument) that spells it out, I'm not sure. Given the record of rules, advice and law so far, who knows? I shall certainly use it as an excuse to tell anyone who wants to enter the house to go away.

Back