Coronavirus Lockdown Chat

As of today it is (supposedly) illegal for someone from another household to enter your house.
It's an odd one. I saw some instructions yesterday about how to handle toilet use by visitors in your garden - because there's a limit on most people's capacity and they aren't going to be peeing out there presumably.
I haven't dug any further as it doesn't matter to us yet, but it sounds like there may be 'reasonable exceptions', AKA Cummings clauses.

It's an odd one. I saw some instructions yesterday about how to handle toilet use by visitors in your garden - because there's a limit on most people's capacity and they aren't going to be peeing out there presumably.
I haven't dug any further as it doesn't matter to us yet, but it sounds like there may be 'reasonable exceptions', AKA Cummings clauses.
I suggest you dig deeper, much deeper or you may find that planting your spring bulbs is a far dirtier experience that usual.

Here's the reason face masks are not a go-to solution: false sense of security. This idiot chose to rely on the automatic systems rather than hit the brakes:

A46FA413-3D5D-4774-BE7B-D7F6DD47FE72.jpeg

So the driver actually saw the truck but chose not to brake himself. He deserved ti be banned as he is obviously a real and present danger to other road users. (including overturned trucks it seems)

I'm missing something. I can't see the link between face masks and a Tesla automatic system. Unless the driver was wearing a mask incorrectly over his eyes and having a sleep.

The government haven't done themselves any favours with the wording of the latest update to 2020/350 (amended 1/6/2020):
Restrictions on gatherings

7.—(1) During the emergency period, unless paragraph (2) applies, no person may participate in a gathering which takes place in a public or private place—

(a)outdoors, and consists of more than six persons, or​

(b)indoors, and consists of two or more persons.​

(2) This paragraph applies where—

(a)all the persons in the gathering are members of the same household;​

(b)the person is attending a funeral...​
Why not say "(2) Paragraph (1) does not apply where—"? Much clearer.

Paragraph (2) has a missing part: (g) The person is invoking the Dominic Cummings' defence. Might as well include it in the SI, because almost everybody will use it.
The whole document is confusing with all the [bracketed parts].

To paraphrase 7(b) "No person person may participate in a gathering which takes place in a public or private place indoors, and consists of two or more persons."

Just how the hell can you have a gathering of fewer that two people?
Jeez, they really are something else

Back