Coronavirus Rant

Or perhaps they want to live their lives and do not have/visit fat/ill grandparents.
Hey, why have laws for driving? Let the youngsters live their (short) lives!

Why have food safety standards, let them do as they choose.

Let's rid ourselves of all the old people, say over 25s, and let the young live and grow fat on their junk food, and why burden them with a NHS?

Hey, why have laws for driving? Let the youngsters live their (short) lives!

Why have food safety standards, let them do as they choose.

Let's rid ourselves of all the old people, say over 25s, and let the young live and grow fat on their junk food, and why burden them with a NHS?
Let me see: are you comparing laws for driving with the laws to lock healthy people in their houses? Something no ruler ever forever and never did in this country.

The whole point is, how do you know you will remain healthy and not infect anyone else?

Richard III locked some healthy people up. Not for a Good reason, either.

Since you are diverting to the two princes I'll take it that neither you nor anyone else managed to come up with any example of my last sentence in #272.

Thank you for conceding

You are nit picking. The real question is, should laws be used to protect the population from the acts of individuals, purposeful or thoughtless, and the answer is yes.

House arrest, internment, regal fiat, prevention of terrorist act, all involve removing an individual's freedom.

Notifiable diseases are another example.

Wow, nit picking. You curtail liberty rights which have been earned bit by bit through 8 centuries and that is nit-picking for you?

Why did they not imprison their healthy population during the spanish flu which was probably 1000 times worse?

I'll tell you why: because medical first principles, learnt through millennia - isolate ill people

Something no ruler ever forever and never did in this country.
Blackouts/curfews during WW2, and maybe other times?

I'll tell you why: because medical first principles, learnt through millennia - isolate ill people
True. But that doesn't say or mean isolate only ill people. It's normal to also isolate people who have the potential to become ill or carry a disease.

Blackouts/curfews during WW2, and maybe other times?

True. But that doesn't say or mean isolate only ill people. It's normal to also isolate people who have the potential to become ill or carry a disease.
1. Even though it was not mentioned it was obvious that we were talking about medical purposes. Even if it were not obvious shirley you would realise that not even in WW2 people were locked in their houses as in these lockdowns. Hell, we may have had record industrial production

2. In what medical book/practice is that normal? Leave aside the book co authored by you and/or Boris

The difference here being that we know some people are ill, because they show symptoms, and they are isolated. The vast majority, we don't know if they are infectious or not, and they are spreading the disease.

What is the problem for you? Have you lost your job because of this?

The difference here being that we know some people are ill, because they show symptoms, and they are isolated. The vast majority, we don't know if they are infectious or not, and they are spreading the disease.

What is the problem for you? Have you lost your job because of this?
Noted. There is no answer to my second question
I was not aware that anyone was being locked in.
Pretty damn locked in if you are not allowed out of your house for 23 out of 24hrs. Word prison is quite apt.

Also noted: you made no attempt to defend Mike's WW2 simile. I know, it can't be defended.

It looks like someone needs to dust off his concise Oxford

Note: This one did not defend Mike's WW2 either

It was friendly advice. You're obviously free to take it or not.

Another note: They address marginal issues hoping the elephant would just simply leave the room.

Back