[custom-portal] Custom TV Portal

the version of sky player thats loading is 0815(213/3.1.5.24.04.09.04) is this the same as people who have it working, could it be because i had sky player when humax did there beta trials as when i installed the custop portal my sky id was all ready there,

i have only installed the custom software 1.14 and only the custom portal package , does any body think i need to install any more custom packages .
thanks
chris

The youtube search in the portal does not produce the same results as a search in youtube. How would one search in the portal to ensure they get the result they're after towards the top of a list containing 2000 results. My search "living with the amish 24 nov" did not give me the result I'm after, which is the second result in youtube search.
Also would it be possible to amend the search so that after choosing the keyword it does not search straight away but gives you a choice to amend the keyword before the search. It would enable one to further refine the search.

Quote:- Also would it be possible to amend the search ...

You Tube is part if the original Humax TV portal and is not part of the Custom TV portal, I would guess it will only be changed by Humax

My experience of You Tube on these portal-type interfaces is that some clips are completely inaccessible with them. Clips I have marked as favourites on a PC don't even get listed via the TV.

My experience of You Tube on these portal-type interfaces is that some clips are completely inaccessible with them. Clips I have marked as favourites on a PC don't even get listed via the TV.
Yes I noticed. It's a pity though since they then could be downloaded via the stream saving feature.

Wow the custom portal stuff is great! I've just got a Foscam IP camera and thanks to the test1.jim example been able to make a basic monitor for it. I looked at all the Images eg "HumaxPortal.png" and can't see a blank blue one anywhere? am I being blind and one is included? or is there any chance of uploading one and ideally letting us know what font to use to match the rest ?

Well done ratx :)
I'll upload the photoshop template tonight if you like, or I can create one for you.

Do you think you will want to include this into the package for others to use?

Wow the custom portal stuff is great! I've just got a Foscam IP camera and thanks to the test1.jim example been able to make a basic monitor for it.

Superb! - I have one of these cameras too, can you share the script?

Quote :- BH Clips I have marked as favourites on a PC don't even get listed via the TV

Yes I noticed. It's a pity though since they then could be downloaded via the stream saving feature.

This would be possible if Get_iplayer could be built into the Humax :)

What's get_iplayer got to do with YouTube? Or does it do both??

It has a list of BBC programs that can be found on I-Player but it also has a URL window where you can paste the URL of other streaming sites such as The BBC archive (another 800 or so programs) , other catch-up TV sites like 4OD, demand5 etc. and also You-Tube, They don't all work, It has to be said.

It has a list of BBC programs that can be found on I-Player but it also has a URL window where you can paste the URL of other streaming sites such as The BBC archive (another 800 or so programs) , other catch-up TV sites like 4OD, demand5 etc. and also You-Tube, They don't all work, It has to be said.
Oh dont tease me! That sounds excellent! And stream saving? I need to look into that.........

And stream saving? I need to look into that.........
Anything streamed through the TV Portal gets buffered in a file - the web interface offers a means to copy that file (once it is complete) before it gets over-written by the next stream.

Interestingly, i've just looked at humaxtvportal.com on the PC and noticed a couple of new apps..
Looks like we may have pushed them to releasing/doing further testing on Sky Player.. coincidence?

Do you think you will want to include this into the package for others to use?

I think it would be good as an add-on package. It would encourage me to finish the plugin bit of the custom portal allowing the new package to easily add an icon to the custom menus. The new package could also extend the webif to allow configuration of the necessary details for the IP Camera (IP address/authentication). Fun project - can't wait to have my camera output in the corner of the screen.

Interestingly, i've just looked at humaxtvportal.com on the PC and noticed a couple of new apps..
Looks like we may have pushed them to releasing/doing further testing on Sky Player.. coincidence?
Newbie question {winces} Havent seen this before, accessed via PC, how can this/ does this relate to the humax in terms of being able to access all this content via the box, or display it on my TV via the PC?

It doesn't. Type humaxtvportal.com into a web browser and you see a front page, but nothing works. What it does is give us a peek at what they are working on and might make available to the boxes - including a Sky button.

It doesn't. Type humaxtvportal.com into a web browser and you see a front page, but nothing works. What it does is give us a peek at what they are working on and might make available to the boxes - including a Sky button.
Ahh i see, thought i was missing something....Thanks.

Back