[custom-portal] Custom TV Portal

Can you telnet to the box and post the output of the df -h command?

Yep, here it is :

humax# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 15.9M 15.9M 0 100% /
tmpfs 61.0M 76.0K 61.0M 0% /tmp
tmpfs 61.0M 0 61.0M 0% /media
/dev/mtdblock1 2.0M 508.0K 1.5M 25% /var/lib/humaxtv
/dev/mtdblock2 2.0M 1.2M 812.0K 60% /var/lib/humaxtv_backup
/dev/sda1 1011.4M 39.6M 920.4M 4% /mnt/hd1
/dev/sda2 906.1G 51.5G 808.5G 6% /mnt/hd2
/dev/sda3 9.8G 165.0M 9.2G 2% /mnt/hd3
/dev/sda2 906.1G 51.5G 808.5G 6% /media/virtual
humax#
humax#

Ok, seemed to accept it but just an empty line response from the humax : humax#
and has the df output changed?..if not, can you run

Code:
humax# ls /mod/boot/xinit.d/

which should show at least the file custom-portal.

and has the df output changed?..if not, can you run

Code:

which should show at least the file custom-portal.
Ok, df -h output looked the same. Entering your command showed this :

humax# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 15.9M 15.9M 0 100% /
tmpfs 61.0M 76.0K 61.0M 0% /tmp
tmpfs 61.0M 0 61.0M 0% /media
/dev/mtdblock1 2.0M 508.0K 1.5M 25% /var/lib/humaxtv
/dev/mtdblock2 2.0M 1.2M 812.0K 60% /var/lib/humaxtv_backup
/dev/sda1 1011.4M 39.6M 920.4M 4% /mnt/hd1
/dev/sda2 906.1G 51.5G 808.5G 6% /mnt/hd2
/dev/sda3 9.8G 165.0M 9.2G 2% /mnt/hd3
/dev/sda2 906.1G 51.5G 808.5G 6% /media/virtual
humax#
custom-portal
humax#
humax#

Next...
Code:
humax# /mod/boot/xinit.d/custom-portal
Ok, result is :

humax# /mod/boot/xinit.d/custom-portal
mount: mounting /var/lib/humaxtv_backup/mod/config-ocontroller-si-rootfs.txt on /usr/browser/config-ocontroller-si-rootfs.txt failed: No such file or directory
humax#
humax#

I have just loaded the custom portal and rebooted to try it.

It doesn't work for me, in fact it's broken the Humax (Original) portal for me. If I choose the Humax portal from the new menu, I still get the Humax portal screen including iPlayer. However, if I select iPlayer the screen goes blank and stays that way (or for at least the two minutes I waited).

'Check your network', I hear you cry. Well that's OK too.

If I remove the custom portal and try the Humax portal again, iPlayer works just fine.

Also, the 'revolving busy disc' in the top right hand side of the screen is only half visible. TV picture and text is all OK.

Hi, I have installed this (using Custom Firmware 1.12) on a HDR and I still just get the normal portal page when I press the TV Portal button, no sign of the custom portal at all. Any ideas?
All this is getting a bit heavy for me.
Could you detail the steps you took to install the Custom Portal.

I installed on my HDFOX-T2 and all is working as described. My final step was just to put the Hummy in and out of standby.

I have just loaded the custom portal and rebooted to try it.

It doesn't work for me, in fact it's broken the Humax (Original) portal for me. If I choose the Humax portal from the new menu, I still get the Humax portal screen including iPlayer. However, if I select iPlayer the screen goes blank and stays that way (or for at least the two minutes I waited).

'Check your network', I hear you cry. Well that's OK too.

If I remove the custom portal and try the Humax portal again, iPlayer works just fine.

Also, the 'revolving busy disc' in the top right hand side of the screen is only half visible. TV picture and text is all OK.
Exactly the same thing happened to me when I tried installing it.

Whoa! Just tried that, blank screen here also :(
Hadn't played with that. You Tube, Internet Radio and Flickr work, but can't select Wiki@TV

Thats odd - I was under the impression that the original humax portal was untouched - just requiring and extra step to get to?

Think I've found the issue with the iPlayer & any other issues with the original portal.

@Kev_w yes it is untouched, but we need to specify that the page we launch it from has priviliges.

It wasn't just that the original iPlayer didn't work for me. Even in the custom portal, I tried Picasa and Test Page and they both just sat there black screen for a couple of minutes so I gave up.

I've just tried removing custom-portal, but it still comes up (with the blue buttons) when I press TV Portal on the remote. Do I need to do a full reboot to clear it fully? I switched it in and out of standby but it's currently recording something so it probably couldn't do a *full* reboot.

Also, the 'revolving busy disc' in the top right hand side of the screen is only half visible
This depends on the overscan of your tv.
On one of my tvs it has no overscan and looks fine, whilst on the other it is cut off.
Its not a biggie, but I was thinking of changing that eventually anyway.

Back