Customised Firmware 2.00

Just before I put this onto my replacement does this clear the schedule?

Also any problems with the newest preloaded firmware?

Just before I put this onto my replacement does this clear the schedule?

Firmware installs (standard or custom) do not delete the existing recording schedule. Retunes delete the schedule (but it is automatically backed up if you have the custom firmware installed, and can be restored after the retune).

A small niggle; if I go for a manual tune most of the channel information signal strength/quality bars end up showing blank. If I try auto tuning then they show up fine, however auto tune gives me channels from other transmitters so I'd rather not do this.

Anyone else have this issue with manual tuning?

---

82272616.jpg

This has been mentioned before and appears to be a limitation of the data saved by the Humax during the tuning operation. What you see is extracted from the SQLlite database, and previous observations suggest that when auto-scanned all the tuning data is saved, but when manually tuned only the most recent channel scanned gets saved.

Sorry, nothing we can do about it.

I was told to post this question here as I would like to play media files, ie avi files, from the home server to the Humax box and view then on my tv. In other words stream them from the server to the tv.

So I understand that one of the options I have is to mount a shared folder on the Humax box, and to do that I need the customised firmware.

So how do I get it, and then what do I need to do.

Do I just put it on a USB stick and then put the stick into the Humax box and install from there
Thanks

Actually, I have decided to leave it as it is and not bother trying anymore to get my home server recognised by the Humax box. Instead I'll just transfer the media by means of a USB stick from server to Humax and then copy over.

Thanks anyway

Eeek, looks like 4shared have changed their T&Cs so you have to register to download

I've moved the newest custom firmware downloads to Zippyshare - doesn't require you to sign up, nor to wait, although the files will disappear if not downloaded for 30 days..

Excellent news. Does it tell you when a file is about to expire, or do we just have to download every 30 days to make sure?

If it's anything like the activity on 4shared, there will never be a 30 day period when someone doesn't download the CFW. I can easily put files back too if necessary.

Actually, I have decided to leave it as it is and not bother trying anymore to get my home server recognised by the Humax box. Instead I'll just transfer the media by means of a USB stick from server to Humax and then copy over.
Have you considered using FTP which can be done with the standard software?

Back