Customised Firmware 2.10 (for 1.02.27)

Hi Ezra I have now followed your guide and I'm pleased to say we are up and running many thanks now to play

That's Great, There are lots of extra packages to choose from, they can be added or removed at any time using the Package Management screen so you only install what you need. - Enjoy

Did "Wizard" appear on the front panel display of the box? Myself and two or three other owners have reported this happening to their boxes recently.

Yeah Wizard was on the front of the box during setup.

To make things worse its happened again since!

Never had the auto channel update plugin installed

Yeah Wizard was on the front of the box during setup.

To make things worse its happened again since!

Never had the auto channel update plugin installed
I have only had this happen once so far, and only on one of my boxes.

I have only had this happen once so far, and only on one of my boxes.
Guess Iam unlucky then. Just noticed this time it's cleared the schedule.

Wonder what could be the cause Humax beta FW the custom firmware (which I doubt) or HW failiure.
Only thing that has changed is that I installed the FTP app then uninstalled it.

Guess Iam unlucky then. Just noticed this time it's cleared the schedule.

Wonder what could be the cause Humax beta FW the custom firmware (which I doubt) or HW failiure.
Only thing that has changed is that I installed the FTP app then uninstalled it.
At least you can easily restore your schedule via webif.:)
This only seems to have started happening since FW 1.02.27 so could be related.

Hi Guys

Seeing as my box seems to have a mind of it's own with not turning on and running factory defaults, how do I go about rolling back to the previous version of Official Firmware v 1.02.20 and Custom Firmware v1.02.20 mod 2.00?

I presume that I simply load the Official on first then the Custom, but just want to make sure!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Guys

Seeing as my box seems to have a mind of it's own with not turning on and running factory defaults, how do I go about rolling back to the previous version of Official Firmware v 1.02.20 and Custom Firmware v1.02.20 mod 2.00?

I presume that I simply load the Official on first then the Custom, but just want to make sure!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers

Andrew
Don't suppose you have any scheduled power on and off events?

I turned these off on my box and its been ok ever since. Could be a coincidence though.

I turned these off on my box and its been ok ever since. Could be a coincidence though.
I think it's probably a coincidence, as I don't use scheduled power on and off events.

Yes I have, my box is set to come on at 07:00hrs and turn off at 23:00hrs each day, worked OK before, but since upgrading to the beta official firmware with corresponding custom firmware, I have had issues with it not turning on, and running factory defaults, so I thought the easiest way to solve it, would be to revert back to the non beta official with corresponding custom firmware and see if that fixes my box.

Just to confirm I have now rolled back to the previous version of Official Firmware v 1.02.20 and Custom Firmware v1.02.20 mod 2.00, and so far, so good! No issues to report, and the box is waking up as normal each morning.:)

As stated on the 2.11 CF post, my box is behaving itself, so it looks like 1.0.27 beta is not playing on some users machine, and as such I wont be re-installing it until Humax fix it!

As stated on the 2.11 CF post, my box is behaving itself, so it looks like 1.0.27 beta is not playing on some users machine, and as such I wont be re-installing it until Humax fix it!

Good to hear. My box hasn't defaulted since my last post whining about it :D
Would be interested to hear why it happened or how it was triggered.

I too have started experiencing similar problems since running 1.02.27 CF2.11. The HDR is set to power up daily at 0800 and off at midnight, but would either not start up at all or if it did it would go straight into the Wizard. Have had two 'fail to starts' and two Wizards so far this week. Have now reverted to 1.02.20 CF2.11.

Do I need to hold off with this new release until a later version of Customised Firmware is written, or will CF2.11 do the job?

Back