Customised HDF file released

This is awesome, thanks for getting the hacking on this started guys!

I have an HD model and I did this mod a few weeks ago. There are a few issues but I see some of them have started to be addressed already. I think there's a lot that can be done with this, so I'll be having a play around and following the updates on here with interest...

I've just posted mod 1.08 applied to firmware 1.02.20 (HD & HDR).

The only change in this version, other than the update to underlying firmware, is to add some hooks that will be used as part of the remote scheduling development and add a way of disabling the embedded telnet server which is added as part of the modification.

Installed the new one - thanks again. All seems fine apart from the following error on the settings page of webif:

Error 500: Internal Server Error CGI program sent malformed HTTP headers: [Runtime Error: /mod/var/mongoose/lib/setup:5: couldn't read file "/mod/var/mongoose/lib/plugin": No such file or directory in procedure 'require' called at file "settings.jim", line 6 at file "/mod/var/mongoose/lib/setup", line 5 ]

Installed the new one - thanks again. All seems fine apart from the following error on the settings page of webif:

Error 500: Internal Server Error CGI program sent malformed HTTP headers: [Runtime Error: /mod/var/mongoose/lib/setup:5: couldn't read file "/mod/var/mongoose/lib/plugin": No such file or directory in procedure 'require' called at file "settings.jim", line 6 at file "/mod/var/mongoose/lib/setup", line 5 ]

Thanks. It's a bug in the latest webif package.. if you upgrade to 0.5.9-1 it should be ok.. The webif-epgkeywords package should work then too!

Doh! Late-night thinking there. I think I knew that. Would be great to only have to load yours though.

You need to install the official firmware first and then load the customised version over the top.
Oh - I just went strait for the mod firmware - seemed to work - have I done bad? Maybe the media server is there after all (on HD) if I do it right ;) On that subject has anyone (ie probably af123!) worked out if the media server is a separate module, that could potentially be easily added to the HD build (assuming its not there already)?

[Edit] "Remember to install the official firmware first before loading this modified version over the top."
:oops:

Oh - I just went strait for the mod firmware - seemed to work - have I done bad?

You will have a mismatched kernel/userspace and no local on-disk backup for the Sky portal (for whenever it is activated). Apply the standard one and then the customised one again and you'll be fine.

Maybe the media server is there after all (on HD) if I do it right ;) On that subject has anyone (ie probably af123!) worked out if the media server is a separate module, that could potentially be easily added to the HD build (assuming its not there already)?

It's integrated into the humaxtv binary that does everything else.

Doh! Late-night thinking there. I think I knew that. Would be great to only have to load yours though.

Maybe I didn't make the message red enough in the first post :)

Mine only includes the bit that I've changed and doesn't contain the kernel, bootloader or some other ancilliary files.

It's integrated into the humaxtv binary that does everything else.

Almost certainly a stupid idea, but I wonder what would happen if we ran the HDR humax.elf on the HD?! - a horrible crash I suspect... Can the HDR cope without its primary hard drive?

Almost certainly a stupid idea, but I wonder what would happen if we ran the HDR humax.elf on the HD?! - a horrible crash I suspect... Can the HDR cope without its primary hard drive?

The 9200 worked fine without an HDD as a simple freeview box. No idea about the HDR though.

Hi everyone. Please can anyone advise if the customised hdf (courtesy of af123 and others) installs the auto-unprotect program automatically?
Also, what is the best way to play the humax recordings from the humax, other than using wmp11? I cannot seem to see the humax from any other client program, ie vlc or media player classic? Any detailed info, much appreciated. BTW, fantastic tool gents.

Idea for AF123: do you think it would be possible to add a driver that gave write access to an NTFS drive?

Idea for AF123: do you think it would be possible to add a driver that gave write access to an NTFS drive?

Do you know, xyz321 sent me a package to do just that last week but I'd quite forgotten about it! I'll package it this evening.

Hi everyone. Please can anyone advise if the customised hdf (courtesy of af123 and others) installs the auto-unprotect program automatically?

No, you need to choose to install it, either through the web interface or command line but it's fairly painless to do.

Do you know, xyz321 sent me a package to do just that last week but I'd quite forgotten about it! I'll package it this evening.
Would running that make the normal Humax operations able to write to NTFS - eg decrypt/copy to USB?

(Geez it's belting down here at the moment (Newport), my rain gauge just went up 8mm in the last 5 minutes)

Hi, can anybody help me?
Custom firmware is on my HDR but I have a problem with MediaTomb. If I copy a *.TS file onto the virtual disk I can see it on my Fox HD under a folder called Video.

However if I copy an unprotected *.mp4 to virtual I cannot see it? if there are no other files on virtual I cannot see the Video folder at all?

Thanks in advance, Jon

Back