Customised HDF file released

Ncurses is in the repo. I've just missed the dependency. Will fix.

:oops: Opps - missed that - It seems to be installed anyway, but ? broken

humax# ldd nano
libncurses.so.5 => not found
libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x2aab3000)
libc.so.0 => /lib/libc.so.0 (0x2aac4000)
ld-uClibc.so.0 => /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 (0x2aaa8000)
humax#
humax# cd lib
humax# ls
charset.alias libgmp.so.10.0.1 libmudflapth.so.0.0.0
coreutils libgomp.a libncurses.so
crt1.o libgomp.la libncurses.so.5
crti.o libgomp.so libncurses.so.5.9
crtn.o libgomp.so.1 libopcodes.a
e2initrd_helper libgomp.so.1.0.0 libopcodes.la

It's ldd that's wrong, it isn't showing libraries outside of the default paths. gdb should work though.

HDF 1.06 released

This version fixes the initial creation of the /mnt/hd2/mod (HDR) and /media/drive1/mod (HD) directories upon first installation. It also removes the ulimit statement from the default profile. If you're already up and running then there's probably no need to move to this version but it should mean that people installing it for the first time won't have to mess around with manually creating directories.

I've uploaded a customised HDF which can be installed on top of the new HD beta. It has only undergone limited testing so far but seems ok. See first post for link.

Not sure if this was the case before, but the whole primary filesystem seems to be read-only now. Any idea how we can enable editing again?

Edit: seems like its just happening in select areas of the filesystem (namely /usr/browser/*)

Edit2: Forgot to mention. Found something that may be useful. Drop an empty file called debugtv in /var/lib/humaxtv and reboot. It enables logging to /tmp/humaxtv.log

Not sure if this was the case before, but the whole primary filesystem seems to be read-only now. Any idea how we can enable editing again?

Edit: seems like its just happening in select areas of the filesystem (namely /usr/browser/*)

Edit2: Forgot to mention. Found something that may be useful. Drop an empty file called debugtv in /var/lib/humaxtv and reboot. It enables logging to /tmp/humaxtv.log

The file system structure has changed a lot (to bring it in line with the HDR one) and hence the entire file system is now in one block in the flash so it just mounts the entire thing read-only so unless you go around moving stuff over to the HD and linking it back then I can't see how it can be made read-write easily. - I did an experiment with the humaxtv app by moving this to the hard drive and then linking back - it was not entirely sucessful as the box kept rebooting every time I tried to move it (I had to shut down the app to do the move)- This was in an attempt to try and get the HDR app to run on the HD to get the portal running - this clearly is not needed now so I have stopped this line of work)

What stuff does it log in the log file? Can you post a copy?

Damn...I'm trying to build onto the TV Portal and think I've located the files, however they are all read-only. Hope we can figure out a way to route it through to the HDD or something to make it editable again :(

Heres the log file generated. It seems to be from startup only however. There seems to be a number of options you can apply when launching 'humaxtv'.

Code:
udhcpc (v1.12.4) started
Sending discover...
Sending select for 192.168.1.15...
Lease of 192.168.1.15 obtained, lease time 86400
deleting routers
route: SIOCDELRT: No such process
adding dns 192.168.1.1
[P_STV6417_VCRbypass_Mode_Off] already VCR bypass off

1782261013: Release: 3.1.5.24.04.09.04 (2011-03-11)
1782261013: Build:    (May  4 2011 23:08:02)
1782261036: memory heap size: 25165824 bytes
1782261036: heap_mem_size: 18874368 bytes
1782261053: confman_initialise: range checking enabled
1782261054: 0 external files defined in resources
1782261073: layers_clipboard_initialise

1782261113: makeerror: Can't list directory
1782261123: resource_get: could not find 'font5'

GALIO STARTING
./humaxtv --alt-config /usr/browser/config-ocontroller-si-rootfs.txt --config /var/lib/humaxtv/galio-config.txt
User opts: None
OCON | initialising controller

1782261727: APE initialisation successful
Restore reminders from file failed
1782261728: |  file_save: Can't open file 'reminders.txt'
Persist reminders to file failed

1782262011: |  file_save: Can't open file 'blocked'
1782262011: |  file_save: Can't open file 'favs'
1782262011: |  file_save: Can't open file 'hidden'
1782262043: |  file_save: Can't open file 'blocked'
1782262043: |  file_save: Can't open file 'favs'
1782262043: |  file_save: Can't open file 'hidden'

You can make changes to the file system - you just have to make a new flash using af123's humidify utility. You could then I guess make the flash file link to a place on your hard drive if you want - for testing / editing and then write them into a flash for final 'release'.

I was thinging along the same lines as you on this as I would like to be able to use swiss center (a HTML based media server) on the box by putting in a new menu system as it seems it is just running opera browser.

Hopefully this can be done without decompiling the humaxtv software (which 'could' be done if you were in another country that did not have a problem with decompiling)

James

Damn...I'm trying to build onto the TV Portal and think I've located the files, however they are all read-only.

Code:
humax# cd /usr
humax# find browser | cpio -pmud /mod
4697 blocks

humax# mount /mod/browser /usr/browser
humax# cd /usr/browser
humax# touch l

Just put the mount command in a startup script in /mod/etc/init.d if you want it to overlay the writeable version at boot.

or you could just do that:oops: - The reason this did not work when i tried it was that i did it with the humaxtv program, and the box just rebooted...

Thanks - just about to give this a go to see if anything happens. I've seen some sky player stuff commented out in the portal loader so was going to see if I could get it up and running again!

Just put the mount command in a startup script in /mod/etc/init.d if you want it to overlay the writeable version at boot.

Actually there's a timing problem with this. It will only be run once humaxtv has started so you can't use this method to change the rootfs conf file. You can write to /etc/hosts though if you want to redirect the portal request elsewhere.

or you could just do that:oops: - The reason this did not work when i tried it was that i did it with the humaxtv program, and the box just rebooted...

I did add a couple of hooks to the humaxtv startup just for playing. One to create a debug log, which has already been spotted, and one which allows you to boot without humaxtv running at all and therefore let you play around a bit more. If it's of use to you then you'll be able to work it out :)

(excitement mode enabled) MAJOR HAX COMPLETED.

I did as af123 suggested and edited /etc/hosts (turns out the browser stuff I found was a dead end...or at least it is for now.)

209.85.146.147 www.humaxtvportal.com

^ added that and I now have Google loaded up :p Proof of concept but it works :D

How quickly did Google load up? Trying to work out if its the BBC iPlayer site that is really slow on the box or the choice of browser not running smoothly?

That's fantastic news.

I was wondering if you could try youtube also, as I use this a lot and I am restricted to my phone and wifi at the moment.
Of course I could wait for humax to add it to the beta portal - but hell might freeze over by then ;).

Thanks.

How quickly did Google load up? Trying to work out if its the BBC iPlayer site that is really slow on the box or the choice of browser not running smoothly?

It was a little slow, but no where near as slow as the portal.

Interestingly I monitored network activity. The box connects off to a humax server in Korea when you load the portal. The actual portal itself is hosted in the middlands on a CDN however it must be doing something to connect up to humax hq. That may actually be one source of the slowdown.

I cant try out youtube unless you can find an IP its running on on its own. Google search uses all the IPs they have from the looks of it :/ It also has to be an SSL based connection.

Back