Customised HDF file released

Quickie (I should probably know this but...): I am going to delete /mod and update the base mods. Do I need to reflash 1.02.20 first?

Quickie (I should probably know this but...): I am going to delete /mod and update the base mods. Do I need to reflash 1.02.20 first?
Nope. Just remove the contents of /mod and reboot the box using the remote control. The /mod framework will be recreated on the next boot.

Why would you want to delete /mod ? If you want to upgrade all the packages to the latest version try:
Code:
opkg update && opkg upgrade

Unless told otherwise here's what I'm going to do (spelt out):

Part 1:
Delete /mod​
Reflash 1.02.20​
Reflash latest CF for 1.02.20​
Run web update​

Part 2:
Save schedule + make a note (just in case)​
Manual retune​
Restore schedule​
Run auto-unprotect and NTFS support (because I've got my 500GB NTFS drive in the wings)​

I'm happy to shortcut Part 1 if flash latest CF + opkg... is all I need.

I would have thought that unless you have specific problems with the configuration, it should only be necessary to load the latest customised firmware and upgrade any out of date packages.

I don't understand why you want to reflash anything. The firmware is (effectively) in read-only flash. All of the files that the modified firmware creates and updates are on the hard disk, under /mod.

Waaayyyy out of date mate! :frantic:

So does anybody want to answer my original question, without assuming I've been updating with everybody else? I'm not Super Lurker you know!

Great! Now we're getting somewhere. So:

Part 1:
Delete /mod​
Run web update​

or

Part 1:
"opkg update && opkg upgrade"​

?

Great! Now we're getting somewhere. So:

Part 1:
Delete /mod​
Run web update​

or

Part 1:
"opkg update && opkg upgrade"​

?

Either is fine.. The first one obviously resets everything but there are no problems with the second approach.

rm -rf /mod/*

/mod itself is a link so you need to explicitly remove the contents.

Ta. I tried rm /mnt/hd2/mod but that didn't work either.

Bloody typical. I dug out an old small flash drive to reserve for updates and guess what - doesn't work.

Brill! Now installed CF 1.11, complete package refresh, backed up schedule, full retune, restore schedule (I shall have to write it up in the blog, but not tonight).

I took an interesting approach to the independent record of the schedule: used the WebIF to display it, and saved the web page.

NTFS support will have to wait. zzzz

Hi all

First post from me, absolutely amazed by the work on custom firmware, I had a T2 and now seriously considering getting one again!

A question....

Most of the custom work seems to focus around, decyption of HD streams and custom DLNA server(s). What I found the T2 was particularly weak on was codec support as a DLNA client. Particularly MKV support (I often use my current box a fetchTV for MPEG2/AC3 streaming from my buffalo NAS). Are there open source methods/code around to increase T2 support in this area? What software does the T2 use to act as a DLNA client?

Back