Dedup is stripping the titles of my films

Ross

[originally misposted in the FOXSAT forum, because I'm tired and stupid]

Hi. I wonder if anyone can help with the following mystery. I have sweeper installed with the following rules:

Code:
# Remove New_ prefix.
recurse 1 filename New_* action {renamefile {%orig%regsub,New_\s*,,}}
# Remove New: prefix.
recurse 1 title New:* action {settitle {%orig%regsub,New:\s*,,}}
# Move any series recordings from a Children's channel (folder rule)
folder lcn {>= 120} lcn {<= 129} action {fileundercreate {Kids TV}}
# Move anything else recorded from a children's channel
lcn {>= 120} lcn {<= 129} action {move {Kids TV}}
# Move films to Films folder
genre Film schedduration {> 60} duration {> 60} action {move Films}

This works well in almost every respect... apart from the titles of the films get stripped, so the Films folder looks like this:

1522785389752.png

As you can imagine, this provides me with a frustrating guessing game - trying to remember what these films are using reverse search in IMDB. I don't have a clue why this is happening. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance. Some version numbers:

Code:
Custom firmware version: 3.03 (build 2368)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.03)
Loader Version: a7.30

I guess I have the latest sweeper, as there are "no packages for upgrade".

My only guess: I have the package newk installed. Do you think that conflicts with the Sweeper rules above?

Any chance you also have auto-dedup set on your Films folder? This could cause the effect you're seeing.

Nice post, lots of information.

Yes, you definitely can't blame sweeper for this - you need to look at what other packages you have installed.

Not sure what the point is of having newk installed and rules for the same thing in sweeper...

Any chance you also have auto-dedup set on your Films folder? This could cause the effect you're seeing.

I might. I will check tonight. It would be a bit superfluous if I did, I imagine, given that films are unlikely to be duplicates.

Nice post, lots of information.

Yes, you definitely can't blame sweeper for this - you need to look at what other packages you have installed.

Not sure what the point is of having newk installed and rules for the same thing in sweeper...

To be honest, I think I installed one of those packages months before the other, and forgot I was effectively doing the same thing in different ways. If newk does this job well, I'll remove these rules from sweeper this evening.

My list of actions for tonight:

1. Check if dedup is enabled for the Film folder
2. Remove the newk-type rules from Sweeper
3. Check what other packages I have installed
4. Record the first film I can find
5. Report back

Thanks all.

I might. I will check tonight. It would be a bit superfluous if I did, I imagine, given that films are unlikely to be duplicates.

Indeed. Dedup will attempt to rename the file to the content of the synopsis entry up to an initial colon character, as this will typically be the episode title of a series. In the absence of the colon it will take up to (I believe) the first 40 characters of the synopsis, which looks like what you're seeing.

Reporting back. I turned off dedup, and removed the superfluous "Remove New:" rules from sweeper. And the problem is gone. Thank you all for your help, and sorry for blaming sweeper!

Back