[DetectAds] Announcing DetectAds version 2

/df

... I wondered if there was any chance of modifying an HDR firmware sufficiently to allow it install on an HD and provide a DLNA-decryption server that way
IIRC we know what DLNA server code was adapted by Humax and so a strategy might be to build that and look for similar playback calls in the humax_tv blob. Then it might be possible also to build a stand-alone HW decrypting DLNA server that doesn't crash the TV. Will anyone manage this before the 2038 bug strikes? Maybe not.

/df

Black Hole said:
... references to decrypted download options, decrypt-in-place from the WebIF OPT+ menu, and unencrypt (automated decryption in the background) DO NOT APPLY to the HD-FOX. ...
As above, the HD is now equal to the HDR in this area, so this text is out of date, except that the timeout issue may be more likely for decrypt-in-place on the HD.

OP
MymsMan

MymsMan

Ad detector
My "work"flow is to run detectads from Sweeper rules which I'd like to have the same regardless of platform. So currently I have to queue a recording for decryption and then queue it for ad-detection.
Queue processing is set up so that decryption runs before ad-detection so it is safe to put both requests on the queue at the same time.
So your sweeper rules could say after the rule that selects a recording and Queues it for ad-detection
1579963079855.png

It will take me a while to understand how the your pipelining of stripts works

/df

It will take me a while to understand how your pipelining of stripts works
man fifo, etc.

stripts expects to write to a file: presumably it just opens it for writing and writes to it sequentially. If the file is already there and is a FIFO (named pipe) the FIFO buffers the output. Then you can read the data from the FIFO and direct it to stdout or a file; I used cat but possibly you could code that using Jim AIO primitives. You have to redirect stripts's stdout to avoid appending it to the decrypted file in the stdout case. All of this is done in 2 exec subprocesses linked by the FIFO; I hope that completion of the cat process indicates that the decryption finished or failed: maybe worth testing to see if it can hang. stripts also creates the sidecar files and so the whole lot are deleted at the end; if you did want them you could have called stripts directly.

I was a bit surprised that it worked (let alone so well). As an inexpert TCLer (which means that the error checking may be a bit random), I tried a shell script first: it's is a bit shorter.

OP
MymsMan

MymsMan

Ad detector
With the encryption key set to all 3s or something similar? It is a lot faster with a repeated key than without.
1579965244835.png
The first example above is with the machine set to the manufacturers encryption key (10 minute recording so wouldn't rule out chasedecryption)
The second example id with key all x00 so much faster

salad dodger

Bit of suggestion.

If you run chase decryption and watch the file during transmission often you end up with a crop file and the original permanently left behind. I wondered if the failure to delete the original and rename the crop couldn't be put on the queue of tasks to try once the file lock was removed so it could complete later on a failure?

OP
MymsMan

MymsMan

Ad detector
Bit of suggestion.

If you run chase decryption and watch the file during transmission often you end up with a crop file and the original permanently left behind. I wondered if the failure to delete the original and rename the crop couldn't be put on the queue of tasks to try once the file lock was removed so it could complete later on a failure?
It's an idea but often recordings are moved/renamed by Sweeper so can't be found later, if I have chased played a programme I just usually delete the original and crop as soon as I've done watching.
I've added it to the to-do list.

Trev

The Dumb One
It's an idea but often recordings are moved/renamed by Sweeper so can't be found later,
I would find that useful too as I frequently do as salad dodger does. You could just exit with no error message. It would be a better solution than having to delete them both as at present, and if they have been moved by sweeper, cest la vie.

Last edited: