DTR-T1000 (YouView) Shortcomings

Spoke too soon :mad: I notice that the difference between "normal" channel volume and on-demand volume is still as ridiculously stupid as it always was!!!:rolleyes:

But hey! SKIP FWD/BCK now works!! (15 secs back/1min forward on recorded shows I've found so far - On-Demand seems to vary depending on the player...)

Hi
A friend of mine has a Humax "Youview" box, and I have agreed to install it and look after it. The installation was really simple even though it can see two signal masts, which has caused me issues in the past when installing my own Humax PVRs.
I was disappointed (and surprised) to realise that it is impossible to hide channels or to skip forward/backwards in the player. The recent update sounds great (though I'd still like to be able to re-order channels into a personalised group). I plan to see my friend at the weekend and I'd like to be prepared to update the box if it hasn't been updated. I have a few questions.
Is it obvious whether the recent update has been applied?
How to apply the update manually - is it found under "settings"?
Which buttons on the remote are used for skipping backwards and forwards?
Any other advice for somebody who doesn't use the box regularly?
Thanks in advance
David

Wow - thanks for the speedy reply! The link certainly points me in the right direction. It'll be interesting to see when the box is updated. It's (obviously) a Humax box, but in use at a TalkTalk supplied house. I'm interested to understand whether the update is controlled by Humax or TalkTalk. Time will tell.
Thanks again.

Neither : )

There are three components to a Youview box and each is controlled by a different party.

Underlying hardware software "Manufacturer Software" is managed and updated by Humax*​
Platform software by Youview​
and Platform configuration by your service provider.​

* - at least, according to the Youview specifications.

...and from what I am understanding on the rest of the forums, there will be certain limitations as to what "TalkTalk stuff" will appear on the particular box you are talking about (so, even though your friend is a TT subscriber, because his is a generic Youview box, there will be a TT App appearing but it won't be enabled - for example) since TT use the Huawei box (not Humax) for their Youview customers. However, their box should update to the new software fine.

...and from what I am understanding on the rest of the forums, there will be certain limitations as to what "TalkTalk stuff" will appear on the particular box you are talking about (so, even though your friend is a TT subscriber, because his is a generic Youview box, there will be a TT App appearing but it won't be enabled - for example) since TT use the Huawei box (not Humax) for their Youview customers. However, their box should update to the new software fine.

Youview are quite silent about this, because in their terms with sellers they must allow their apps to be accessed on any box, as long as you are using their broadband network.

BT allow humax users who bought their own box to use the vision app on the bt broadband network. of course there is a charge!

Can I use alternate Remote codes = No
Is it likely that this be introduced later or is it a hardware issue?
Other Humax boxes can be changed if people have two clashing, but my clash is with a Marantz M-CR603 and I don't seem to be able to change the code on that either.

Is it likely that this be introduced later or is it a hardware issue?
Other Humax boxes can be changed if people have two clashing, but my clash is with a Marantz M-CR603 and I don't seem to be able to change the code on that either.
Not sure humax just make the box, youview tightly control hardware. Have you explained the issue on the youview support forum so youview are aware?

Have you explained the issue on the youview support forum so youview are aware?
YouView are aware of the clash between Humax boxes and give advice on changing the non-YouView box. Unfortunately my clash is with another manufacturer. I have emailed YouView and Humax but not posted to a forum, other than this one. I'll get that done.

Neither : )

There are three components to a Youview box and each is controlled by a different party.

Underlying hardware software "Manufacturer Software" is managed and updated by Humax*​
Platform software by Youview​
and Platform configuration by your service provider.​

* - at least, according to the Youview specifications.
My (friend's) YouView received the update last night with no problems at all, courtesy of Humax, YouView and TalkTalk.
We're already looking forward to the next one with proper channel favourites. Thanks for your help.

YouView are aware of the clash between Humax boxes and give advice on changing the non-YouView box. Unfortunately my clash is with another manufacturer. I have emailed YouView and Humax but not posted to a forum, other than this one. I'll get that done.
A messy fix that I used to use when I had two vcr's the same was to fix (with sticky tape) a flap of Kitchen Foil above the Infrared receiver on each machine
and flip them up and down depending on which I was using as the foil blocks the signals.
You could try it if your stuck that is

Most if this list is out if date, has been worked on- now with the latest update. Can u update it to fixed or planned now?

If you want an up to date list check out the one maintained by Keith over on the dedicated Youview forums.

If you want an up to date list check out the one maintained by Keith over on the dedicated Youview forums.

It would be misleading to leave these on here, as the box and youview are moving on, positively.

But that could have been due to the anti youview brigade, which has gone silent now the 1000s freesat box has been proved to be less than perfect. I hear return rates are increasing!

Back