FOXSAT-HDR transferring recorded programmes - how?

Excellent this is just want I wanted. all I need do now is back up my Hummy before I try this. Thank you very much.

Just harking back to hard drives, I am a little surprised that no one has mentioned using 2.5" drives.
I can confirm that I have successfully used a 40 GB IDE 2.5" bare drive, from a scrapped old laptop, using a USB/IDE lead, for Standard Def files. I can also confirm that, despite initial worries, the Foxsat HDR DOES power the drive via its USB lead! This is very convenient, the drive being much smaller than a 3.5" and eliminating a power supply as well. It's so easy to just pop the USB plug into the Foxsat and then swap over to a PC. As I collect more and more superb High Def Documentaries and am filling up the Foxsat's drive because I can't transfer them to a PC, I'm now considering a 1 TB standalone 'portable' drive, to be more or less permanently attached to the Foxsat HDR. I just wish there were a way to clip off the superfluous footage IN the Foxsat itself. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be an onboard editing facility as there is on the 9200 series. That's the one thing I would really, really like.

you can use the ftp options ie ftp the file from 1 HDR to windows then from windows to the other HDR
Is this the same as using windows explorer and using copy and paste? If so, why is it that few people mention this as there is no new stuff to learn?

@paulburke. Why don't you get a cheapie ethernet switch? Here for instance This would solve the problem of the stupid livebox only having one network port, or better still, but more expensive, buy a router with 4 network ports

Is this the same as using windows explorer and using copy and paste? If so, why is it that few people mention this as there is no new stuff to learn?

@paulburke. Why don't you get a cheapie ethernet switch? Here for instance This would solve the problem of the stupid livebox only having one network port, or better still, but more expensive, buy a router with 4 network ports

My Livebox has 4 network ports. That is not the problem for me.
It is being in France and needing a proxy for iPlayer. That said I very rarely need iPlayer, as I programme and record everything I want to watch.

My Livebox has 4 network ports. That is not the problem for me.
It is being in France and needing a proxy for iPlayer.
Ah, I see. My Orange livebox only has one network port. I have since reverted to my Netgear router as they took away my second line (VoIP), and also have a 5 port GB switch to connect my GB NAS into the network. Both my comps have a GB LAN. So I'm not short of ports, but don't have to use a proxy server for my Foxsat HDR to get iPlayer (or the slightly less convenient ITV version). As a mater of interest, why do you have to use a proxy server?

Ah, I see. My Orange livebox only has one network port. I have since reverted to my Netgear router as they took away my second line (VoIP), and also have a 5 port GB switch to connect my GB NAS into the network. Both my comps have a GB LAN. So I'm not short of ports, but don't have to use a proxy server for my Foxsat HDR to get iPlayer (or the slightly less convenient ITV version). As a mater of interest, why do you have to use a proxy server?

It is the IP address. Being in France iPlayer does not allow downloads of TV material for copyright reason. A proxy server with a UK IP address can allow the download!

Back