Foxy - An HD recording backup utility for the HDR-Fox T2 now released !

Pillu : If a Standard Definition file that is copied to USB on the Humax HD PVR5000T won't play on a PC. then Foxy (or editing the hmt file) will not help you at all

can someone please. please provide me with a link to the foxy prog ?
every link I come across is dead or has been removed .
any help would be really appreciated.

many thanks.

can someone please. please provide me with a link to the foxy prog ?
every link I come across is dead or has been removed .
any help would be really appreciated.

many thanks.
There is a link to foxy.exe below, I hope Raydon (the owner) doesn't mind me making this link, as the current links in the Wi-Ki seem to require a logon to the site before download is possible, the link is here :-
EDIT
The temporary link I created has now been replaced by a new one in page 1 post #1 of this thread here :-
http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/foxy-an-hd-recording-backup-utility-for-the-hdr-fox-t2-now-released.240/

Last edited:
Is there something for the Humax 2000t, please? I tried Foxy, and it removes the encryption, but then when I copy the .ts file to the PC after that, no length shows up on it, and it's unplayable in VLC, Kodi, anything. Please help.

Is there something for the Humax 2000t, please? I tried Foxy, and it removes the encryption, but then when I copy the .ts file to the PC after that, no length shows up on it, and it's unplayable in VLC, Kodi, anything. Please help.
How are you copying to the recordings to the PC? Foxy does work on the HDR-2000T. Patching the hmt file with Foxy removes the flag which prevents the recording being decrypted when copied. To decrypt you then have to copy the recording to an external USB drive using the remote control handset.

How are you copying to the recordings to the PC? Foxy does work on the HDR-2000T. Patching the hmt file with Foxy removes the flag which prevents the recording being decrypted when copied. To decrypt you then have to copy the recording to an external USB drive using the remote control handset.

I tried both FTP and via USB. In both cases, there's no 'length' showing in Windows Explorer (I also tried playing both from the USB stick and on the PC), and nothing will play it - not VLC, Kodi, nothing. :(

Foxy doesn't remove the encryption it merely alters a flag in the .hmt file that fools the box into thinking it's similar to SD (ie to be decrypted when copying to usb). How are you patching the .hmt. I take it you have set up Foxy to access the box via ftp ? Less convenient is copy the files as is to usb, patch the .hmt on a PC, delete the files on the box and replace with the patched set. Copying to usb should then give you a .ts with no encryption.

Foxy doesn't remove the encryption it merely alters a flag in the .hmt file that fools the box into thinking it's similar to SD (ie to be decrypted when copying to usb). How are you patching the .hmt. I take it you have set up Foxy to access the box via ftp ? Less convenient is copy the files as is to usb, patch the .hmt on a PC, delete the files on the box and replace with the patched set. Copying to usb should then give you a .ts with no encryption.

Well, I mean I made it think it wasn't encrypted, so the 'Enc' is gone in the menu, and I ftp'd the .hmt file, Foxy'd it, and then ftp'd it back. I subsequently copied the .ts onto USB but it doesn't play.

With the ftp method described in the next part of the sentence.

Yep, I can play ts files on the PC. However, how do I force "the DLNA indexer to re-index the recording"? Maybe that's the bit I missed. Thanks.

The file on your 2000T remains encrypted. You should be able to transfer the decrypted copy back like any other non native recording. To decrypt in situ you need a HDR FOX T2.

Back