FVP-4000T my 2 Cents

It just doesn't do what Member 7823 thinks it ought to do.
There are things my 2000T does that I don't like, but I don't constantly "female dog" about it. So Humax haven't updated the firmware to correct things. Live with it. Do something about it (complain to Humax, try to find an alternative solution). Or ditch the Humax and buy something else.
We have every right to bitch about that. After all, Humax make a huge profit and hardly ever respond to complaints. They are just not a customer friendly company, but with virtually a monopoly in the UK.

Yes, but even you don't constantly moan about it :D
And I was pointing out that I don't complain all the time about the failings of the 2000T.

There's to much cash jingling in their pockets to worry about pleasing us.

I suppose it may make some difference mentioning it on myhumax.org as Barry seems to have a "connection" with "Humax Towers".

No, because he's only been banned from My Humax forum, not from here. I wonder why?

You can use the left/right buttons < > to SKIP, great, which you can also customize but then after you shuttle with the dedicated fast forward / rewind buttons << >> this makes the 'SKIP' KEYS STOP 'SKIPPING'? and default to fast forward/rewind behaviour which is a real annoyance and zero logic

Last edited:
The list view has improved in the May 2017 update...

IMG_20170514_190542.jpg

by reducing the font size, including more episodes per page, including day and time making it easier to distinguish between episodes. Shame they didn't take this opportunity to sort them in date order and still no icon to identify episodes already set up to record

Last edited:
Couple of big improvements in the last updated

SLICK NEW IMPROVED SEARCH FEATURE

IMG_20170520_152210.jpg

...just type in a few letters and instant filter of the TV guide appears. Very cool, easy and fast to use

Newly added RECENT MENU....

IMG_20170520_152238.jpg

...jump straight here to continue where you left off without taking through the main menu looking for episodes. Love this new addition

Shame the programs from the recent list don't just start playing as soon as you hit the OK button rather than still giving the normal messages - do you want to play?.... do you want to play from the beginning?

Please just play with one click. I don't bother using it as it really doesnt save me any time. :rolleyes:

It's nice to have a access to a full menu but I agree it doesn't have any default behaviour considering most of the buttons on the remote do nothing most of the time. In this context you should be able to simply press "PLAY" to continue from where you left off (no more prompts or key presses) or OK to access the full menu. I'm actually going to suggest some default behaviours/shortcuts for those idle keys on my wish list

Shame the programs from the recent list don't just start playing as soon as you hit the OK button rather than still giving the normal messages - do you want to play?.... do you want to play from the beginning?

Please just play with one click. I don't bother using it as it really doesnt save me any time. :rolleyes:

There are 41 keys on the remote control, and MOST KEYS DO NOTHING, MOST OF THE TIME, in fact I don't think the coloured keys do anything any of the time. How about Humax GIVE KEYS A DEFAULT FUNCTION in certain context like all other companies do. Its called "intuative" Save the OK button for full menu but keyboard shortcuts would speed things up literally 10 times faster for common operations. e.g
When navigating the recordings just press PLAY to start (or continue if you're already into the programme)

Attachments

• IMG_20170527_074055.jpg
    IMG_20170527_074055.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I think it's called INTUITIVE!

Last edited by a moderator:
How about Humax GIVE KEYS A DEFAULT FUNCTION in certain context like all other companies do.
I very much doubt all others do. And there are cost implications which are important for budget devices.
Firstly someone has to design/specify the actions, and one person's intuitive is another's WTF.
Then a programmer has to code the actions.
Then you find there isn't space in the machine memory, so that has to be increased.
Then you find that all that extra code has caused some undesirable effects ... bugs.
Back to step one.

So when the project is just shy of step one the team of a budget machine (Humax) discuss the likely extra cost vs 'benefit' and decide not to bother.
Other teams with more flexibility (aka: money. E.g.. Panasonic) may make different choices.

Back