FVP5000T Can't access itv, all4, ch5 catchup

This update is weird. We have 2 5000Ts. The one downstairs updated to .52 a couple of weeks ago totally automatically and yet the upstairs one still can't find the update either by power off or search.

I guess we'll have to wait for it to appear on the website/

How are they connected to your router ?

Both of them via WiFi.

I don't believe it, just checked the upstairs one and it now says theres an update!!! Its alarming the box must have physic powers and doesn't like been talked about.

Both of them via WiFi.

I don't believe it, just checked the upstairs one and it now says theres an update!!! Its alarming the box must have physic powers and doesn't like been talked about.

Could it be a WiFi issue from a neighbours router. I was going to suggest you ran a temporary cat 6 to the router network switch.

I understand two 5000T's can view the others recordings (even HD). Never having access to two unable to check. Two HDR-FOX-T2's can do this (exchange the required decryption keys). Can you confirm or refute this.

Mine is hard wired using a pair of high speed Homeplugs. All my kit is connected to a 16 way 1 Gbps network switch with the homeplugs providing the link to WIFI router network switch. Virgin router is in modem mode.

I've had the message pop up on the box saying download failed (or something similar). Not helped by my flakey internet connection which has dropped out multiple times.
Eventually got it to work. Even on my dodgy internet it appears that I can access all the catch up services. Although I'm not impressed by the screen I get when I press "F" and go to players:
2020-07-23_095216.gif
I'm sure the top row was populated before the update.

No exchange required, just turn on Content Sharing and use Media >> Storage >> Network.

Part of the process requires each box to pass the encryption key required to view the content. Without this exchange you cannot view encrypted HD recorded on the other box. We are talking about vanilla HDR -FOX-T2's not ones with the custom firrmware installed. These can of course remove the encryption so no exchange of encryption keys required.

Part of the process requires each box to pass the encryption key required to view the content. Without this exchange you cannot view encrypted HD recorded on the other box. We are talking about vanilla HDR -FOX-T2's not ones with the custom firrmware installed. These can of course remove the encryption so no exchange of encryption keys required.
Not true. It is a standard feature that HDR-FOX and HD-FOX can negotiate protected player status with the DLNA server, which then streams HiDef content to the client in the clear. This is not the same as exchanging keys. Unless we are talking at cross-purposes, you have forgotten or have a lack of understanding of the capabilities of these units without custom firmware.

Last edited:
Not true. It is a standard feature that HDR-FOX and HD-FOX can negotiate protected player status with the DLNA server, which then streams HiDef content to the client in the clear. This is not the same as exchanging keys. Unless we are talking at cross-purposes, you have forgotten or have a lack of understanding of the capabilities of these units without custom firmware.

Talk about muddying the waters.

This thread is about the latest software update for the HUMAX FVP 4000/5000T units.

I merely asked the OP if he could check if the 5000T units can view each others recordings in the same way that two HDR-FOX-T2 boxes can.

There is of course no CF for these units.

So not only was your post totally off topic it was also completely irrelevant.

It should have been obvious that I was aware of this and having two units used it many times before the CF made it redundant.

If this works I may replace one of these with a second FVP-5000T.

I merely asked the OP if he could check if the 5000T units can view each others recordings in the same way that two HDR-FOX-T2 boxes can.
Not a direct answer to your question as I only have one 5000T. I do know that the box's DLNA server does offer the HiDef recordings presumably to suitable devices. My bit of remote hacking was not a suitable device and caused the Humax to crash! We await to see if the OP provides you (us) with the definitive answer.

Talk about muddying the waters.
You muddied them, I'm trying to clarify them.

Yes, but you gave an incorrect explanation:
Two HDR-FOX-T2's can do this (exchange the required decryption keys).
Custom firmware is required in order to exchange keys on HDR-FOX. Having set the key on unit 2 identical to unit 1, unit 2 can play the encrypted content from unit 1.

No exchange of keys is involved when using the DLNA mechanism. If a DLNA client is certified as secure, it is able to respond to a DLNA server with a certificate, which authorises the server to serve protected HiDef content. At no time does the server serve the content in an encrypted form - it either serves it in the clear or not at all. HDR-FOX and HD-FOX have certificates, and without a certificate the server only serves StDef content, or HiDef content which is not marked as "protected".

Last edited:
I understand two 5000T's can view the others recordings (even HD). Never having access to two unable to check. Two HDR-FOX-T2's can do this (exchange the required decryption keys). Can you confirm or refute this.
Yes it can. Just switched top 5000T on and it can play the down 5000T HD and SD recordings so I assume it will work in reverse.

I selected MEDIA then Videos from the Freeview button

Back