Closed Poll Have you had problems recording the new HD channels?

Problems recording the new HD channels: which transmitter? Reply if not listed

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Humax acknowledge that they have a problem. I have just received this reply:-

Dear ****,
Thank you for contacting Humax Support.
I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with recording BBC 4 HD. We are aware of an issue recording both BBC 4 and 3 HD.
It is something that we are currently looking into and hope to have resolved shortly.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Best Regards,
Humax Customer Support

I receive from Winter Hill

And I had a similar reply -

------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mike,

There is currently an issue which we are investigating regarding recording via the new HD channels.
Please bare with us during this time, once the issue has been identified we will be able to provide an update for correcting this if this is a software issue.

Best Regards,
Humax Customer Support

And I had a similar reply -

------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mike,

There is currently an issue which we are investigating regarding recording via the new HD channels.
Please bare with us during this time, once the issue has been identified we will be able to provide an update for correcting this if this is a software issue.

Best Regards,
Humax Customer Support
Hardy folk at Humax HQ. :D

Nice to see the standard of English from Humax Towers is down to the usual level. I blame the teachers.

Whilst Humax is having it's mixed onsen with us and we find that little square towel doesn't cover the box.... just wondered whether this issue was only a Humax issue since if it isn't then you wouldn't think that it would be a software fix but a transmission issue. I note its been also reported to effect Humax Youview.

BBC3 HD no problems for 4 weeks! Then three hours ago 2 recordings with 0 sec duration.​
Could other equipment running at the same time be a problem? The reason I ask this is that the only time I have had failures the X Box was in use and both XBOX and HDR2 (1TB 1.02.32) are connected to the same TV via HDMI cable.

I note in this thread others talking about YouView equipment and HDRs maybe the connection setup may be relevant?

Edit I have checked both recordings on HDR1 (500GB 1.02.32 connected to TV via scart) and both recorded successfully with functional nts files. Two boxes, in different rooms with the same signal one box fails to record and one is successful.

Could other equipment running at the same time be a problem? The reason I ask this is that the only time I have had failures the X Box was in use and both XBOX and HDR2 (1TB 1.02.32) are connected to the same TV via HDMI cable.

I have checked both recordings on HDR1 (500GB 1.02.32 connected to TV via scart) and both recorded successfully with functional nts files.

Two boxes, in different rooms with the same signal one box fails to record and one is successful.

I'm fairly certain that other forum members have also reported different behaviours on different boxes running the same firmware and receiving the same signal. I'd suggest swapping the boxes around ie putting HDR1 in HDR2's place, and vice versa, and doing some test recordings. If HDR2 still suffers from failed recordings then that would tend to indicate that it's HDR2 itself which has the problem, especially if HDR1 continues to record OK.

I'm fairly certain that other forum members have also reported different behaviours on different boxes running the same firmware and receiving the same signal.
Or in my case the same box tuned to 3 different transmitters had the same results (all BBC3 HD fails and CBBC HD OK) but after a retune of the BBC3/CBBC HD muxs one of them has different results from the other two and all of them had different results to before the retune.

Surely this poll needs a "no problems" option? Sheffield, no problems.

But then, they aren't being transmitted from Sheffield until June, so I record them on Freesat.

Interesting whilst I don't get this problem in London on an HDR off Crystal palace, I do get it in MK off Sandy Heath on BBC3 on an HD model. Three events nicely recorded of 0 length whilst I was away at the other location.

Angus transmitter: attempted to record CBBC HD on Saturday, past. Programme was EPG timer recorded, programme was briefly viewed live to check what was being broadcast. Later attempts to view were met with "0 mins" error. Deletion of unwatchable programme freed up corresponding space. Irritating to say the least.

I read this on another (general) forum; not sure if it has been posted on here.

I totally cured my HDR-FOX T2 of the problem by switching the recorder to an offending channel (eg BBC4 HD), leaving it for about five minutes to start filling the buffer properly, and then starting an instant recording and leaving it for about five minutes. All subsequent timer and instant recordings worked faultlessly. This also worked on BBC3 HD and the CBBC HD etc channels. All were showing the 0 min problem beforehand.

It's almost as though you have to "teach" the Hummy to recognise the channel. I informed Humax Support and they passed it on to the developers.

Back